✶Chapter 1(pt.2)-Runaways✶

George sat up in his bed, the rays of sun now reached further across the room. The tv had continued to play. He slid out of bed and walked down the hall.

"Sapnap, I don't think this is the right way." Drista grabbed the map from Sapnap.

"Hey!"

Drista rolled her eyes. "Where's our endpoint?"

"There." Dream pointed to a spot on the map.

"Alright." Drista looked up to face the others. "We've got a couple options."

"Okay, well run your ideas past us."

"We could go along the Appalachian Trail. Another option is just hitchhike to West Virginia then go up the mountains. Option three, we go up the east coast then once we hit Virginia we cross to West Virginia and up the mountains."

"Walking the trail would take forever." Dream paused and looked down at the map. "We could go up the coast. We don't know if we're getting caught on the way so might as well have fun." Dream turned and looked at the others.

"Why not."

"Might as well."

The three of them started on their way.

"You do know you're going to need this replaced-" Sapnap's mom tried one last time at scrubbing the fake blood from the carpet.

"I know, I know. You can stop trying to clean it up now."

She sat up "So the spiders, you put them under the house?"

"Of course."

"How-"

"What do you mean how?!" Sapnap looked at Dream.

"How are we going to get bus tickets?"

The three of them looked at each other.

"We buy them."

"We can't just go up and ask 'Oh can we have three tickets' when we're supposed to be dead!"

"Can you two shut up. We still have a few hours before it enters the system. It doesn't specify if we're siblings unless they look into it. After that, we just hitchhike or get Sapnap to buy the tickets."

"We don't even know if Sapnap's meant to be dead."

"Okay either way we should get going now when we're sure we can."

The three of them walked into the small store.

"Can we get three bus tickets?"

"To where?" The man behind the counter looked down at the screen.

"Georgia, near the coast or whatever will get us closest."

"I've got one that can take you to Yulee."

"Alright, we'll take them." Dream pulled cash out of the bag his mom had given him.

The man looked at the three of them. "Why are three kids in such a rush to leave the state?"

"We're going on a road trip!" Drista replied in a convincing, excited voice. A fake, but real looking smile across her face.

"Where's your parents?"

"Well they're friends and he's my cousin." Drista pointed to Dream. "I'm staying with my aunt for the summer."

"Well I hope you have a good road trip." The man pulled the tickets from a shelf.

Dream sat the cash on the counter and held his arm out.

The man took the cash. He waited for the bell over the door to ding indicating the other person had left. "Don't ride any more busses after this."