✧Chapter 9-Waterlogged✧

Luckily Dream woke up first. He shifted slightly due to his hand going numb and the other two woke up as if on cue.

"Why are you awake so earlyyy" George looked around at the star speckled sky. He assumed it was near midnight perhaps a bit after or before.

"I'd like to agree with him on this one."

"It's cause we fell asleep so early. Go back to sleep if you're gonna make a fuss."

"Well I can't now that I'm awake."

"Fine. Then what are we gonna do."

"Well we can walk, there's a store that should be open, if neither of you are too against going through the woods a bit there's a lake."

"I say lake."

"Is it a good idea?"

"Yeah just don't pay attention...uhm to a lot of things."

With that the three of them started off into the woods, George leading them. A couple times George had to grab one of their attention's back. Eventually they reached the lake, a dark night sky still hung overhead.

"Oh wow, this place is cool."

Dream simply looked around the clearing. The water reflected the moonlight and stars shimmered as the wind blew across the surface. Leafy trees reached upwards and inwards creating an open dome area. Moss grew on the rocks and vines grew down from trees. Small flowers glowed slightly. One side of the lake became shallow and reached the dirt while most of it was surrounded by stone that reached above it's water level. The grass was a lush, dark green that gave a soft padding under their feet.

George often sat here in the early morning after having bad nightmares. He sat near the edge of the water where it reached the dirt and just watch the water. He sat there again this time.

Dream walked over to him and sat next to him then patted a spot next to him for Sapnap.

Sapnap glared past him towards George and instead of going to sit next to Dream he walked towards a dock.

"Uh-" George started.

"What" Sapnap turned and glared at him again.

"Never mind, never mind."

"What? Go on what is so important."

"No, It's okay." George had to hush his own laugh.

"Weird." Sapnap whispered under his breath. He stepped forwards toward the dock. As he lowered his foot to step onto the dock his foot went through the dock and before he could stop himself he was falling forwards.

George busted out laughing.

Dream did his best to muffle his laughter but failed.

Sapnap turned to glare at both of them.

George simply shrugged while smiling.

"You could have warned me."

"Well Dream wasn't going to sit on the 'dock' and it would have been no fun if someone didn't fall for the trick."

"You knew it wasn't real."

"Duh, basically anyone who's gone to this lake knows it's not real. You either fall in or see someone fall in. "

"No one warns their friends?"

"Awe, so we're friends now?"

"You know what I meant."

"No, nobody tells anyone."

"Why, seems rude."

"We live on a mountain where half the people here have an addiction to nightmares because it keeps them entertained. Do you really think anyone would give up one of their chances to see something funny?"