✢ Chapter 5-Voices ✢

Sapnap woke up at the sound of the front door opening. He sat up slightly and looked towards the door to see George's mom leaving. As he laid back down he realized during the night Puffy fell off the chair she'd gone to sleep in only to realize Dream had disappeared. He sat up more to get a better look.

Dream was laying in bed alongside George. He sat next to him, he had woke up a few hours before and took a book from the shelf. He had sat there for most of the morning reading and at times running a hand through George's hair to calm him. It didn't matter how many times he apologized and those apologies were accepted he felt horrible. He had attempted in helping him only to cause him to need comfort. Dream jumped as the door suddenly flung open.

"I found you!" Sapnap stood with one hand still on the door handle.

"I wasn't missing-"

"No one knew where you were, I consider that 'missing'."

George shifted in his sleep, slowly waking from the arguing, although the comfort that washed over him egged him to sleep longer.

"Just can you be a bit quieter please? You're going to wake him up."

"It's three in the afternoon! He doesn't need to sleep more!"

"He hasn't slept well in a long time. Either way didn't you just wake up?"

"Dream we climbed a mountain!"

"Shh" Dream hissed as George fell more out of sleep.

"Fine stay here but I have to go tell the others I found you." Sapnap walked out of the room pulling the door shut behind him.

George shifted and blinked slowly, letting his eyes adjust to the light shining through the window.

"Good morning, or well afternoon I suppose."

George looked around slowly, slightly confused before seeing Dream. "You're still here?"

"Of course. Did you sleep well?"

"Yes, it's the first time sense I was near six or seven."

A smile crept across Dream's face "I'm glad, I felt bad last night."

The door flew open again "Alright! I told the others I found you!"

Both Dream and George sat frozen in place. Over what was no more then a few seconds both relaxed, feeling the initial shock vanish.

"Did you actually go and tell them or did you yell out the front door?" Dream's question sounded closer to a statement than a question.

Sapnap rolled his eyes "I'm ninety percent sure they heard me."

"And ninety isn't hundred."

"I'm aware-"

"So then go make sure."

"Fin-" Sapnap was cut off by the front door being opened and a group of people arguing.

"George! If you want your new friends to survive out here you should probably keep an eye on them!" His mother yelled.

"I was asleep!" George's and Wilbur's voices overlapped "I was looking for my friend."

"Great I am yelling at someone who isn't even real." She whispered through a sigh.

Suddenly a third voice was heard from slightly farther away. "I've been asked if I would come here multiple times in the past few days."

"Sorry I didn't see you." George's mother stepped aside.

"You're alright." He stepped past her and Wilbur into the house. "Where is he?"

"Down that hall."