Chapter 5: Damage

Vanessa POV at 1 am the same night before the shooting.

"Mann K1 ion know if I wanna do dis bruh"
K1 is as you already know Dai's brother or K2. They never were closed to each other cause they got different moms but it seemed like k1 always loves K2 that's why I'm so confused on why he wants me to set her up.
"Man can you just do what the fuck I say for once like wtf"
We met whenever I first started talking to Rod and there was a kickback with K1 and K2. He tried to holla but I ignored him. But since I've been into this crack shit I've always hit him up. But this time I didn't have it and I was itching. He asked me to do him a favor.
"Look bitch, all you gotta do is place the tracker in your son's backpack and drive to Dai house, I need the cops off my back and she'll understand"
"Igh man but what do I get out of this?"
"Free supply for the rest of the month"
"Year"
"4 months"
"6 months"
"Fineee 6 months, I'm omw now be ready"
I hung the phone up and told Jason to get ready to see his dad. He started gathering his iPad and clothes together and I helped a bit.

2:55
This nigga finally arrived and rolled up ina white rolls Royce with gold rims and velvet interior.
"Get in we ain't got long mutha fucka"
"Don't be cussin around Jason"
"Ayeee lil man, wassup nephew"
K1 and K2 always called my little bit nephew instead of lil cousin cause they thought he was to young or whatever.
"Hey unc"
"How you been little man good..."
As they kept talking I sneaked Jason's back pack to the front where I was sitting and placed the tracker in the backpack along with the crack.
"Don't open your bag up until you ask tee tee K ok?
"Yes mama"
K1 gave me a smirk and pulled off.

We finally arrived at her house but instead of K1 pulling to the front he parked around the corner and made us walk to her house. It wasn't far but he could've just dropped us off then parked. I knocked on the door and she was takin bout long asl. She finally answered the door and looked stressed asf. She told me that my baby daddy wasn't there so I was glad. But she seemed mad asf for no reason I was gonna ask but I didn't. I put Jason backpack on and she let him in. I tried to say bye but this bitch shut the door in my face before I could finish talking.
I walked back to the car and as soon as I got in I heard police sirens. I assumed K1 did too cause he pulled off so quick he almost flipped the damn car over.
"How it go"
"Good she got him"
"Good"
"Now where's my shit"
"Hereee feen ass"
He reached over to his left and grabbed a small plastic bag and gave it to me. I turned the light on in the car and held the bag to the light and flicked it to make sure it was a good amount. I turned the light off and smiled at him like a little girl who just did something bad and tried to get away with it.

After the shooting
Dai's POV

"You shot my fuckin nephewwww bruh"
My eyes couldn't believe wtf I just saw. Jason laying on the floor like that made me sick to my stomach. Twelve came and pulled me off of Jason and put me in cuffs. I was so sick I threw up on the officer and pissed him off he hit me with the damn stick. I closed my eyes cause they pointed me right at my nephews dead body. After I got done throwing up I started to cry harder than ever-
"NEPHEWWWW NAHHH MANNN YOU JUST KILLED MY FUCKIN NEPHEW"
I spat on the officer who fired the shots and they dragged me out to the police car. I finally took a head count of how many mfs were in the house. It was about 10 officers there with the SWAT. I was like what tf did I do?? After 5 minutes of pure devastation in the car I looked up and seen them carrying my nephew onto the ambulance with a secured bag over his whole body. Then behind him i see they had his backpack and digger through it. I started telling them to
" LEAVE MY NEPHEWS SHIT ALONE"
The window was cracked a little bit but I managed to get them to hear me. One of the officers with the back pack came up to me and asked
"How did you get this?"
He pulled out a white bag filled with crack similar to the one that fell out of Jess purse earlier.
"Man Ionk mannn I just got my nephew my cousins baby momma dropped him off an hour ago a-"
He cut me off.
"What's her name"
"Vanessa"
The officer in the back over heard our conversation and said-
"That's out girl"
They opened the door and took the handcuffs off. I was confused but they sat me down on the back of the car and explained.
"The lady we are trying to catch name is Vanessa Richard. She's been caught up with drugs for a while and her tracker was in his back pack. She must've set you up"
"WHAT????"
"Listen ma'am we are so sorry about your nephew'"
"Your sorry?!! Are you fuckin serious"
I quickly go off the car and ran behind the ambulance that just started pulling off. I ran behind the truck for a block then got tired and passed out.

12:00 am

I woke up to a bright light inside a hospital room. I looked to my left and seen Jess and Rod hovering over me. I started to instantly cry.
"I'm so sorry man"
I apologized to him over and over again.
"It's ok man they told me everything, im sorry she put you in that situation"
I then remembered Jess was there too. I didn't want her there but at the same time I needed her for my emotional support.
"Im sorry baby"
She gave me a sad smile and hugged me tight. I started to forget everything that happened with Taylor and her and just excepted that L. If it meant anything she wouldn't be here right now with me. I cried harder every time she hugged tighter.
"I love you baby and I'm gon stay right here to take you home"
She looked beat up, but mentally. Rod looked like shit too but I know why. His own baby moms putting their own son in danger like that.

*2 hours later*

Me and my girl just came back home from the hospital. As we sittin on da couch she told me everything and explained what was going on through her head.
"So you thought I was cheating on you, so you cheated on me?!!"
"Baby no, it's more complicated than that. You have to understand me"
After hearing that I decided to leave the situation alone. I went upstairs to take a nap cause my head was beating like a mf.

Jes's POV 3 pm the same day

After my girl wakes up from her overcoming nap she woke up to lunch. I made her stuffed lobster tail with dirty rice on the side as a way of apologizing.
"Awww thank you mama"
"You know I gotcha baby"
She smiled then kissed me on my cheek while I was stirring the butter for the lobster.
After we finished eating she started getting dressed. I walked in the room and asked-
"Where we going baby"
While having my plate in my hand still picking at my food.
"IM going to check up on my cousin and his baby momma"
She said while putting her shoes on. The way she put an emphasis on "I'm" was kinda hurtful but I wasn't that much worried. I gave her a kiss and told her bye. She reached for her keys and left out the door.

*Dai otp in the car*

"Yo Hennessy, im on my way"
"Mk baby, we waitin on you"

Damnnnnn that's fucked up!! Where is Dai going?? Did Jess have anything to do with the setup?? Find out in chapter 6 tmr at 12. 🎉