Chapter 6: Portorosso Experience

It was a bright and sunny day. Amber dozed awake and rubbed her eyes. She stretched and yawned. She went to grab her crown but it wasn't there. She noticed she was in someone's bedroom that wasn't hers. A complete strangers. She started to panic until there was a knock at the door. She grabbed a baseball bat on the ground and moved toward the door. "Hey I brought you some———Ow!" The bat broke and Amber hid behind the bed. "Sheesh, that really hurt," the voice said. Amber recognized the voice as she peeked behind the bed and trembled. She saw who it was. Alberto. "You!" Amber huffed. She grabbed a cup of water and threw it onto Alberto. That's when Alberto became a sea monster again. "Please don't scream!" Alberto hollered as he covered Amber's mouth. "I don't want..." "Alberto! Where are you?" Luca called out. "I'll check my room," Giulia said. Alberto gasped. "Whatever you do, stay put and don't move!" Alberto hushed Amber. Alberto left and closed the door. Amber had to find a way out of this place. She found a window and opened it. She hopped out and ran outside.
Alberto shut the door. "Phew," he thought. "What are you doing?!" Giulia hollered at Alberto. "Giulia! Ciao! What's uh what's up?" Alberto chuckled nervously. Giulia folded her arms. "I know your up to something, let me see!" Giulia said as she tried to stop Alberto from blocking the door. Alberto tried to stop her but he got tricked and the door opened. No one was in the room except an open window. "Oh no," Alberto thought.

Amber ran and ran. "I gotta get out of here, gotta get out of here," she said to herself. She ran and ran until she got to the edge. She glanced up and looked at her surroundings. She was shocked. She knew she wasn't home. She backed up into something or someone. "Whoa, whoa, watch where you're going you annoying little..." said the person. Amber saw a guy with slick black hair and a little mustache. He was wearing a blue shirt, khakis, and a red scarf. "Another tourist but a beautiful one at that," said the stranger. Amber punched him in the nose and kept running. She stopped at a dead end and sighed. She sat down and started crying. "Mrrrow?" Amber stopped crying and looked up to see a fat cat. Amber was curious about the cat. She stopped crying and called out to it. The fat cat was hesitant, sniffed her, and started purring. "I wonder where this cat's family is," Amber thought. She picked up the cat and headed out. She checked to see if the coast was clear and it was. She walked out and was mesmerized by the town. Once she got to the ocean, the cat scurried out of Amber's arms and ran around a corner. Amber followed the cat and came face to face with a big man with one arm and a mustache. The cat looked similar to him. "Are you lost?" asked the man. Amber shrugged. The fat cat jumped off the man and rubbed around Amber's legs. "Machiavelli seems to like you," said the man. Amber looked curious. Suddenly, Alberto and Giulia ran out and found Amber as Amber hid behind the man who was like a fatherly figure in a way. Alberto halted and looked at the man who raised an eyebrow. The man looked at Alberto worried. He hugged Alberto. "Where have you been? We were worried about you," said the man. Alberto pointed to Amber. Suddenly Luca joined in and saw Amber. The man looked at Amber and back at Alberto as Alberto chuckled. Then he knelt down and looked at Amber. "What's your name?" the man asked. "Amber," she said nervously. The man looked at her and introduced himself. "I'm Massimo and I believe my son has some explaining to do," he said. "Giulia please show our guest to the kitchen," Massimo told the red head girl. "Follow me!" Giulia said as Luca followed her. Amber felt bad for Alberto as she went into the kitchen.