Chapter 5

Hello again! I just wanted to thank everyone who has voted, fanned (grr, I guess its followed ;), and commented, I LOVE YOU ALL! I p've been thinking about entering this story in the Watty Awards, what do you think? Thanks for getting me such high rankings!

Chapter 5

"Fury give you the third degree?" If it were an ordinary person, they would have jumped a few feet in the air when a disembodied voice talked to them. Good thing Agent Mason wasn't an ordinary person.

"Not really," she paused while Clint hopped down from his perch near the ceiling. "How many?"

"Ah, about five or so." He said thoughtfully, walking beside her.

"You think they'd learn to look up once and a while after the first time you scare the daylights out of them."

"Nah, I keep them on their toes. It's good for them. So what'd he say?"

"Not much, just the usual."

"Report?"

"Yep," Agent Mason said sadly.

"Bummer, say could you-"

"Fine, what's it about?"

"Rookie filed a complaint."

"How much did you scare him?"

"He wet himself."

"Why's he complaining? He could have reacted like Jensen did."

"He got a big head, now he thinks S.H.I.E.L.D. can't run without him."

"I see, I'll need a name for the report."

"Tony Stark."

"Hmm, this might require looking at some security footage- just to be sure." Her gleeful expression made Clint pause.

"I can see you'll have fun with this one."

"Definitely," She gave him a serious look. "Five."

"Three, and only if you make it sound good for me."

"Nope, four's my lowest." Clint sighed, defeated.

"Fine." Clint turned a corner while Agent Mason kept walking straight. He turned and started walking backwards. "What am I at now?"

"2,483 favors." She said, grinning.

"And you?"

"None." She called over her shoulder. Clint merely smiled and walked silently on his way. After all, you couldn't argue with the truth.

...

"Agent Mason, you've been requested at lab 5B." The said person sighed and stared at the small walkie-talkie, albeit a very advanced one, before hitting the 'sleep' button on the computers she was working on.

"Took him long enough," Agent Mason muttered, walking out the door. Impatiently, she jabbed the down arrow for the elevator. She stepped to the side as a group of agents entered the floor, each giving her a nod as they passed. There was only two people who stayed, when she recognized who they were she gave a resigned sigh.

"Hello boys."

"Ma'm."

"Lady Mason."

"What floor are you two looking for?" She pressed a small unlabeled button and waited for the Asgardian and super soldier to answer.

"I wish to pay a visit to my brother." Nodding, Agent Mason pulled a card from and unseen pocket and held it up to a scanner. It beeped, and she repeated the process with her eye and a short code.