Chapter 6

Sorry for the wait, and the terrible chapter. I decided to just upload it instead of rewriting it for the upteenth time, because, quite frankly, I'm very frustrated. I tried to make it easier to understand who is saying what so tell me what you think. There is a banner and trailer on the side.  Thanks to @andrehmichele !

Chapter 6

One Day Later, S.H.I.E.L.D. Central, Detainment Cell 1A; New York, New York

"So you didn't kill anyone while I was gone?" Agent Mason said in greeting, stepping through the sliding door.

"No," Loki sounded bored, "but I was tempted a few times."

"Sorry, I asked Fury to limit the type of visitors you could receive. Anyone that may have had unintentional consequences was rejected."

"May I assume that that would include everyone except Thor?" His face was pained.

"And myself. That was only meant to last until we were sure there wouldn't be, for lack of a better word- a relapse."

"Understandable."

"Really?" Agent Mason said, disbelievingly, "You seem awfully agreeable."

"Contrary to popular belief, I am not an overly antagonistic."

"Just moderately."

"Precisely. Now, you didn't come here for a verbal spar- so what did I do that has the dear director upset?"

"Nothing," she said, "he's always ruffled about something, quite fitting if you ask me. But this time all he wants is a report, and I need a few questions answered first."

"Then by all means, ask away. I'll warn you that I have quite a few of my own though." Loki leaned back, clearly not distressed. He gestured to the chair opposite for Agent Mason to sit.

"One more thing, Fury insists that there be another person in here at all times- a witness of sorts." She sounded exasperated. "Fury wasn't very happy the last time."

"Yes, Thor told me you were unwell?"

"Not really, it just takes a lot of energy. But that brings me to the next issue, I thought you might want someone familiar..." Agent Mason trailed off, and crossed back to the door- knocking once. It slid open, admitting a man mountain.

"Brother!" The man was a red and silver blur as he sped towards the considerably smaller god. Said god was soon engulfed in an unwilling bone-crushing hug.

"Let go...its been... fifteen...minutes!"

"But I've missed you greatly, brother!" Thor said, releasing a slightly rumpled Loki. When his feet hit the ground his knees buckled, unceremoniously dumping himself in his previously occupied chair. Loki wheezed for a few moments, gingerly moving limbs to return the blood flow.

When he regained breath, he wasn't amused. "You see what I've had to put up with?"

"Yes." Agent Mason said stoically.

"You enjoyed that way too much." Loki's voice was still slightly uneven.

"Maybe." She said, noncommittally. Checking the clipboard she had been holding, she continued in a more formal voice, "Do you find the witness to be suitable?" Loki gave a single nod. "Please answer a verbal positive or negative." She jerked her head to a tall agent with a small device, standing outside the cell.

Catching on, Loki amended on his answer, "Yes."

"Do you give you consent to be interviewed within your rights?" She continued.

"Yes." Agent Mason motioned to the unknown agent who turned, the door closing shortly after.

"Now that thats all taken care of..."

"Lady Mason?"

"Yes, Thor?"

"What was the meaning of that?"

"Oh, that was just the legal aspect of this. Technically, neither of you are citizens of America, or any known country, but this way if people start asking questions- we have moral answers." Thor, and to a lesser extent- Loki, still looked perplexed. "This way we have a record of Loki saying that he agreed to the witness, Thor, and gave us permission to ask him questions. Without this it would be violating what most people consider our basic rights."

"Why was this not needed earlier?" Thor's voice was inquisitive.

"That's a fair point," Agent Mason smiled, earning herself one back, "because Loki's guilt was in question didn't have anything to do with it. Since you were turned in in the United States, and your crimes were mostly limited to here- the presumption of innocence applies. And since he came here willingly, that was enough to satisfy the law- this is just added protection."

"I see. But, according to the man of iron- this is part of your government?"

"A part most people don't know about, but we're still subject to laws. But according to most people with any power we don't exist," she gestured to Thor, Loki, and herself. "So, the whole thing is just a precaution really." She straightened and glanced down at the clipboard again. "Shall we get started?"

...

One Hour Later, S.H.I.E.L.D. Central, Detainment Cell 1A; New York, New York

"Think that will do, just let me make sure I have some points right..." Agent Mason let the end of her sentence hang, double checking a fact on her paper. "So Thanos doesn't have his sights set on Earth exclusively?"

"Correct, Midgard was to be my reward for the Tesseract. But, in light of his recent defeat- will want it to quell any rumors that he is incapable."

"And he already has human contacts?"

"Yes, though I do not think he will want to waste them. I expect that we won't hear much from them until Thanos wants us to." Loki's voice was thoughtful.

"Not if Fury has anything to say about it. He plans to do a series of raids on the locations you've given us."

"I'm not sure if that's wise."

"No one ever accused him of being a wise leader, just an effective one." A loud thunk interrupted Agent Mason. Thor, who had long since fallen asleep while Loki was being questioned- had finally fallen off his chair. The sudden contact with the hard metal floor seemed to jolt him awake.

Getting up, he glanced around and bowed his head when he saw the other occupants of the room. "Forgive me-"

"It's alright, we were just finishing up. You looked like you needed the sleep anyways." She started to gather her belongings. "I can get an agent to show you to your quarters if you wish."

"That would be appreciated." Thor said, gratefully.

"Before you go, I believe you gave me your word to answer my questions." Loki's voice was smooth.

"I believe I promised to answer some of your questions."

Next chapter I'll actually write the questions etc. so if you have anything you want answered just say so! Thanks for keeping this story ranked so high! Don't forget to tell me what you think ;D