Chapter 13: Penalty

"Mr. Gu, we've arrived."

They had spent a long time on the road, so Gu Qingchi was a little sleepy. It took a little while for him to respond. It was only once he got off the car that he realized that it was drizzling. The rain felt cool against his face.

As soon as he got out of the car, one of the two staff members who went to pick him up raised an umbrella for him.

Gu Qingchi looked at the house that was only a few steps away and paused.

"Thank you."

The staff quickly replied.

"No worries, it's no problem."

Gu Qingchi walked towards the trunk.

He didn't bring much, just a small suitcase.

Just as he was about to lift it out, another staff member graciously helped him take it out.

"I can handle it myself. This is something I should do."

Gu Qingchi had spent a long time away from people and was used to doing everything by himself. He wasn't used to all of a sudden being taken care of, but he didn't force them to stop.

Being meticulously taken care of was nice, handling everything himself was fine also. Gu Qingchi didn't particularly care either way.  He wouldn't be uneasy because of this attention, nor would he be disappointed without it.

His slow reaction to the outside world was also reflected in this.

He showed a very passive attitude to everything. He had an "anything is fine, I don't really care" kind of attitude.

Xie Luyu was the first to head downstairs. He glanced around. There were only staff members in the living room. He confusedly asked.

"Where is he? Didn't you say the last guest arrived?"

A staff member replied.

"The car just arrived at the entrance, he'll be here soon."

It just so happened that the other three guests had also arrived downstairs. Zhou Yingying couldn't help but snort when she heard this.

Xie Luyu turned his head and glanced at her but said nothing.

These three were too young and inexperienced. They were just like college students who just entered society. They might as well write "young and naïve" on their foreheads, especially Zhou Yingying. She was good-looking and came from a good household, and so she had practically been praised to high heaven.

Xie Luyu didn't even need to think about it. He knew immediately what was going on.

The program team didn't give a specific time that they needed to arrive by, only a date. So long as they arrived before the day ended, they technically weren't late.

Xie Luyu didn't think much about it himself. He treated this as a vacation, so he came as soon as he finished packing his things. He felt that it wasn't really a big deal whether he arrived early or late.

He didn't really care about such a trivial matter, but he couldn't control what other people thought nor did he feel he needed to.

In fact, there were quite a few people in the industry who would fuss over little things like this.

Generally speaking, they were usually B-list or C-list stars, especially those young ones. Once they get a little bit of fame, it goes to their head, and they tend to cause trouble.

These three guests all fell into that category.

If the newcomer was lucky, they might be given a few dirty looks, or they might be excluded a little bit. If they weren't lucky, the entire filming process would be incredibly difficult. There were far too many places where the others can trip up the newcomer.