Chapter 15

Steve was knocking on Natasha's door, begging for her to open the door.

"Just leave me out, Steve, I don't wanna talk to anyone, anyone except my son," Natasha said.

Steve can hear her soft cries, wanting to burst out all of her anger.

"Please, Nat," Steve said then the door unlocked, Steve opened the door and walks in. He saw Natasha laying on her bed, her face on the pillow, miserable, he hates seeing her like this.

"Nat..." He said closing the door before going to her side.

"What? What do you expect me to do? huh? Fury is acting weird! Sharon saying that she's the best agent and all! Do you know how a big deal it is for me not to get called as one of the best agents? I gave my whole life just to be the best agent that I am!" Natasha burst out crying.

Steve laid down beside her, "You are still the best agent, we'll figure out what's happening to Fury, and let's deal with Sharon later, that's not really important," Steve said.

"But now, you have to calm down," Steve said.

Natasha moves closer to him as Steve wraps his arms around her.

"Thank you," She mumbled.

Steve smiled, "Sorry," he mumbled.

"What? Why?" Natasha asked him, her eyes red as her hair.

"I was pulling my punches on Sharon, she...we just lost her," Steve said.

Natasha knew what Steve meant, "Sorry, but Steve, I don't think she's in grief anyway, why would you pull your punches on her and just..." Natasha stopped and sighed.

"I got lost in my mind, and then I realized that I've been punching you too hard now," Steve said.

"Something happened to you, didn't it?" Natasha asked.

"I don't want to talk about it," Steve then said.

Natasha snuggles closer to him and Steve protectively wraps his arm around her, he then kisses her on her forehead.

Natasha was surprised at what Steve did, but she just remained silent and let their moment stay.

Then there was a knock on the door, again. The door opened and they both look to see Peter.

"Um, mom? Are you okay? am I allowed to come in?" Peter asked shyly.

Natasha smiled and gestured him to come over them and he did.

"Mom, what happened?"Peter asked her when he saw her eyes red from crying.

Natasha sat up and so did Steve, "Hey, I'm fine," Natasha said hugging him.

Steve smiled, "I'm gonna go, I'll just leave you guys alone," Steve said, Natasha smiled and whispered "Thank you," to him.

Steve then went out of the room and closed the door.

"Mom, tell me what happened? Did someone hurt you? Tell me so that I could kill that zombie," Peter said as he imagined shooting zombies again.

Natasha giggled, "Nothing, it's just something, I think that I just overreacted," Natasha said smiling at him.

"Okay," Peter said hugging Natasha.

They cuddled in the bed for a few minutes then Peter spoke, "Mom?" He called out for her.

"Yes, cookie monster?" Natasha asked giggling.

"Mom!" Peter said with a chuckle.

"What? You love eating cookies since you were a baby!" Natasha said smiling at the memories.

"Yeah, yeah," Peter said rolling his eyes.

"Anyways, what is it?" Natasha asked him again.

"We're going somewhere later, while you guys were training, we were finding a place to go since it's valentines day," Peter said.

"Hmm, okay, that sounds exciting," Natasha said.

"Are you inviting MJ?" Natasha asked him.

"What? No-" Peter said blushing.

Natasha chuckled at her son, "Well then I'll invite her," Natasha said smirking.

"Mom, nope, no, no, no, you will not invite her," Peter said trying to hide his blush.

"Oh c'mon, it will be great!" Natasha shiuted.

"Fine," Peter finally agreed.