Chapter 25

"The plan is ready, sir," An agent said.

"Good, we'll attack tomorrow, tell the others," Dreykov ordered.

"Yes sir," the agent said walking away.

-

Maria groaned in pain, she then tried to open her eyes. Once she finally did, she observes her surroundings. She's in a cell, well, a modern and more improved one. She then heard someone curse.

"Motherfucker, what happened?" and she knows that voice all too well.

"Nick? Nick!" she called for him.

Fury hear her, "Maria? Where are you? You okay?" he asked.

"Well, I am fine, and I think that I'm just right beside your cell," Maria answered.

"Do you remember anything before you got here?" She asked him.

"All I could remember is that Natasha hit me hard in the head...or so I thought it was Natasha," Fury said.

"Shit, we need to get out of here," Maria said.

"No shit," Fury replied, and Maria rolled her eyes.

-

All of them start to pack their things up and get ready to go back home. "So much for a vacation," Morgan complained, as she and the other kids groaned in annoyance.

"Sorry, kids, don't worry, we'll make it up to you guys next time," Pepper said, with a reassuring smile.

"It's always next time..." Lila whispered with a sigh.

Everyone looks at the young people, they don't deserve this life. They should be enjoying their life while they can. They're just too young for this. (Are we too young for this?)

"Really, we'll make it up to you guys, we'll go somewhere you guys really love to go, and no one will ever interrupt us next time," Natasha said with a smile.

The kids smiled and nodded, "And mom, uhm, about the event that will be happening in school in just a few weeks...the teacher wanted to change everything because our principal's wife got pregnant-" Peter was cut off by Natasha.

"Holy cow- They tell you guys that?" Natasha asked, the others tried to hide their laughter.

"OH YEAH! ABOUT THAT-" Morgan started.

"The principal decided to change the mother's event into a family one so it's pretty much recommended to show up with both parents," Morgan continued.

Tony and Clint groaned while Pepper and Laura jokingly slap them.

"What? It's boring," Tony said.

"I can't believe that I'm saying this but I agree with Tony," Clint said.

"It's not that bad, right?" Natasha asked.

"Well...for some or actually many, school events suck," Scott said.

"But you love them, dad!" Cassie shouted.

"Well, yes, but I'm talking about those who don't," Scott said, Cassie hummed in reply.\

"Well, that sucks," Natasha said.

"But mom! I really want to attend the event!" Peter said, pouting.

"Fine, we'll still go," Natasha said, pouting.

Peter smiled, "C'mon it's gonna be fun!" Peter said, and just seeing him happy makes Nat happy.

While Steve just watches them in awe, oh how we wish he also has a family.