Twenty-Seven

Elijah finally wakes up the next day

"You haven't been dead very many times have you?" Colden asked

the older man looks over "Not really, have you?"

"I have the advantage of knowing what I am from a young age...that and I was a dumb teenage boy that knew he wasn't going to die for real. Wasn't a good mix"

Colden throws him a blood bag, "You were asleep so long that I ran to the hospital and then I went to buy you a new suit. Hope it fits I guessed your size"

Elijah walks over and checks the tags on it, "It is the right size" he straightens up and slowly looks over

"You remember what you compelled my mother and uncles to believe then"

"Yes"

"I'm not mad, anymore at least" Colden said "I was when I first found out. I'm not really one to hold a grudge though"

"Still, I apologize. It must have been hard growing up"

"Well, I did grow up thinking that uncle Tristian was uncle 'Lijah, Uncle Lucien was uncle Nik, and my mother's name was Rebekah. It wasn't so bad and my life took a dramatic turn downwards when the compulsion came off. By then I was a hundred years old and didn't live with them anymore so.." he finally gets of the ground "When you see my father tell him that I have never ever ran from him. I'm just a nomadic person. Also, tell him that I have the moonstone and wish to make a deal with him"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mystic Falls High

"Caroline" Colden said coming up behind her

"Where have you been?"

"Er -- no one told you?"

she gives him a look

"Elena and I got kidnapped yesterday.....then I had to deal with Elijah"

"Elijah, like your uncle"

"Exactly, only don't tell anyone that."

she finally hugs him giving him a kiss

"Hey, Tyler triggered his curse"

"Oh" Colden chuckled "Well, he lasted longer than I though he would"

Caroline gives him a look

"I'll talk to him" Colden nods

he gives her one last kiss before going off

at lunch Colden finds Tyler with the other football jocks

"Tyler" he said "Can we talk?"

Tyler gulps and follows him away

"Sorry, I wasn't around yesterday" he apologized "I got kidnapped but that's not your problem. Anyway, I'll be here for your first shift"

"You told me you could turn me into a hybrid" Tyler said "be like you"

"You still have to turn after that" Colden told "I make all my hybrid turn until it's not painful anymore and you can do it on a dime"

Tyler looks down

"Look, just turn three or four times...after that, if you still want to be a hybrid. I'll turn you"

he gulps, "You'll be there when I turn?"

"Of course" Colden reassured "I remember my first shift. It was painful"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------