Forty-One

Mystic Falls High

Elena, Caroline, Bonnie, and Stefan are in front of the school

"Here we are" Caroline sighed "Senior year"

"Anyone else think it should feel slightly more empowering?" Bonnie asked

"Okay" Stefan said "So prank night was awful. But we are moving on going to move on"

"You're right. I mean, why should I let the fact that my boyfriend is seeing the ghost of his dead girlfriends hinder this experience?"

"And why should I let the fact that my girlfriend is being used as a blood bag" Stefan said "Or the fact that my best friend has turned into a dick"

"I'm being used as a human blood bag" Elena sighed

"Today's our anniversary" Caroline said "Colden and I met on the first day of school last year"

nobody says anything

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Salvatore Boarding House

Colden walks in the boarding House covered in blood. Damon is in the sitting room where he turns to him.

"You owe us a new Persian run" Damon said

Colden lifts an eyebrow getting out his wallet and handing over all the cash in it, "Go nuts"

he goes to go up the stairs

"So this is what Klaus had in mind when he compelled you to protect Elena?"

"I'm just being all I can be"

Someone knocks on the door. Damon goes to open it. It's Rebekah. She enters with shopping bags.

"Where's Colden?"

"Who the hell are you?"

"He left me here" she wined "My brother actually left me here"

"Am I suppose to care?" Colden's head tilts

"You're Klaus's sister?"

"Rebekah. Pleasure, I'm sure. Which one's my room?"

Colden lifts an eyebrow and walks up the stairs.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mystic Falls High

Colden walks straight up to where Elena and Caroline is and kisses her

"Happy first day, doll"

Caroline asses him, "Isn't you emotions off"

he shrugs, "Just because I don't feel anything doesn't mean I'm going to ignore the fact that you are the most attractive girl in this town and you love me. Isn't that nice"

Elena glares at him and his shirt

"Is that blood?"

"Oh my God!" Caroline shouts

Emmett walks over holding a shirt with Tyler, "Brought you a shirt"

Colden smiles "You're such a good hybrid"

he walks away

"Not my first rodeo" Emmett said "Come on, Tyler"

after he puts the new shirt on he runs back into Elena

"Elena"

"What are you doing here?"

"What do you mean?" he asks with a large smirk "I'm going to high school. Go whatever the animal is here!"