Chapter Nineteen

Luna

How the bloody hell did my life become this?

Sitting in the lounge-room with Esme and Rosalie, the three off us laughing and chatting comfortably, the gentle atmosphere is shattered like shear glass as several loud crashes are heard from out side. The rest of the family had just went out for a brief hunt despite the shock that came with Emmet claiming to n out actually be hungry, though it was a little obvious they were still perplexed about his eating earlier, they seemed to remain quiet after my episode.

So as the hollow crunch of shattering trees bellows through the room, mine, Esme and Rosalie's heads snap up from the collection of family albums spayed across the coffee table, in the direction of the cries of destruction.

"Do I want to know?" I question quietly, wincing at the sound of another felled tree.

"They're arguing." Rosalie shrugs, earning a bemused deadpan look from both Esme and I. Rolling her eyes she explains with a chuckle. "You are staying the night, the two are arguing over who gets to sleep with you."

"And they have to abuse trees for that?" I murmur.

"You're not weirded out?" The blonde questions in surprise.

"Every time my cousin Nico would get hurt he'd insist on coddling a packet of frozen mangos." I deadpan with a fond laugh, reminiscing over my favourite cousin. "Didn't matter if the sod was bleeding or bruised, he even named the damn thing Nico Hernando De'Angelo Jr, but he goes by Hernando."

Both females stare at me in disbelief before laughing with me.

"Your family sounds mad." Rosalie chuckles, earning a mischievous grin from me.

"All the best people are."

"Alice in Wonderland?"

"It's been my favourite since I was a little girl." I shrug, jumping slightly at another bang from out side.

The cries of destruction cease a moment, relief flooding me that perhaps my two idiots are finally finished with their tantrum.

That is until Jasper abruptly appears before me, grabbing me around the rear and hoisting me onto his lower abdomen like a koala. The world flashes a few moments before I find myself in an unfamiliar room.

"Jasper?"

"All mine." He growls, leaning down quite far as to bury his nose snuggly into my curly bobbed locks.

"Do I want to know where Emmet is?"

"In the river." He shrugs, continuing to purr into my hair. I couldn't help but make a sound of contempt, the southerners cold body some how able to make electric sparks at contact.

"Your emotions are raging darlin'." He chuckles, looking into my eyes warmly before sending wave after wave of love and adoration upon me.

Smiling shyly, I look up at the vampire, pulling my head away before pecking his lips, pulling away only when the lights of the room begin to flicker and the chill of my shadows reaching for me in response to my racing heart.

"Thank you." I whisper, leaning into his chest.

"For what." He queries, tightening his arms.

"I just had an episode in your kitchen while being introduced to your family." I answer weakly.

"You need to stop apologising." He groans. "I hate what you're doing to yourself."

"What do you mean?"