Chapter Twenty Five

Luna

1. Emmet
2. Jacob
3. Sam
4. Jasper
5. Paul

That was the order of my black list. A bunch of backstabbing, egoistic, mansplaining, wanking bastards that were only one more argument away from being banished to Tartarus for the next several millennium.

Now, rather than being in the comfort of Esme's lounge room, I was out in the cold, eyes narrowed as I telekinetically prevented my mates, wolves and brother from tearing into each other.

Not to mention I was absolutely exhausted, my head felt like a sledgehammer had been using my brain as a trampoline and my legs felt like they were about to buckle.

While I was rusty by no means when it came to fighting, it had been a rough few days of physiological exhaustion, exhaustion that had not been properly treated with a good nights sleep. While I had to admit that my southerner's bed had been nothing less of cloud cushioned bliss, my episodes always led to a harsh nights sleep, memories plaguing my mind in the form of nightmares.

Though the too cold bodies that lied besides me that night gave a good insight onto why I had begun needing more blankets at night. The cheeky prats having received I good earful the next morning about personal space and how creepy it was to sneak into a girls room at night to spoon her, consent permitted or not.

Which it wasn't.

I felt my eyes begin to droop, the hold on the snarling beasts before me slackening in my tired state. Just as I felt my knees about to buckle, my hold on the boys completely lost, two cold arms wrapped around me, gently swinging by body upwards and pressing my tiny frame against a broad chest.

Confused, I push my eyes open if slightly, finding a dazzling pair of ruby eyes staring down at me. I couldn't read the onslaught of emotions in his eyes, the passing feelings moving rapid fire. In a moment's blur, I found the overcast glare of the outside world replaced with the ivory ceiling of Jasper's bedroom, the soft cinder material of his bed dress pressed beneath me while I myself was rather tightly glued to the chest of the nomad from the field.

Snuggling into the pillow holding my head, I snuggle my face deeper into it, finding the right side and most of the left before peaking up at the beautiful blonde man holding me.

Blushing I burry myself deeper into the cushion, both exhaustion and shyness a fine match for a sleepy mind.

I took him in, noticing how his eyes not so subtly flickered over my face quickly, taking it in several times before an odd purring noise came form his chest, one similar to my other two mates, only slightly louder.

"Hi?" I murmur softly.

"Hello little mate." He chuckles.

"You're French?" I blurt, until he spoke I had forgotten about his accent.

"And your British." He laughs, raising an amused brow.

Humming I nod, darting my eyes around the room before closing them tiredly, a sigh escaping my lips.

"I'm Luna."

"James."

"Why were you wet?" I suppress a laugh at his disgruntled growl.

"Your other mate decided to throw me into the river." He snarls.

"Emmet or Jasper?"

"The giant brute with dumb hair."

"Leave my grizzly bear alone." I pout, to fatigued to actually think straight.

A few silent moments pass, the odd snarl or purr sounding from his chest as his head keeps dipping it nuzzle my cheek, hair of neck, my scent gland being quickly becoming familiar with his platinum nose.