Friendly Discussions

(POV:Reader)

We began a small discussion that turned big, different dishes were brought out and we took a few sitting on the smooth cold flooring. The adults joined us, separately of course, as they mingled with other lands, enjoying the dishes and discussion. I felt my energy slowly coming back, but my head was still hurting. I have felt weak at random times, but this time it was stronger.

-"Your mom actually said that, awkward" I was broken from my thoughts as their conversation got a bit louder.

-"Okay, next question, hand-to-hand or swords?" Ray asked while pointing a skewer with food at us.

-"Blades all day" Namaii answers while taking the skewer.

-"Right!"

-"Okay, dressy or casual?" Namaii asked while taking a few bites of one of the dishes.

-"Only a monster would choose to wear this outfit on the regular," Ray said while tugging at the collar of his shirt.

-"Do I look like a monster to you?" I asked, both boys laughed awkwardly and moved on while Ray mumbled a sorry.

-"My turn, rice or stew?" I asked while pushing both dishes in the middle, Namaii looked down at the dishes, his expression faltering .

-"I didn't think that'd stump you"

-"Uh...this is actually one of the first times I've had rice in a while," he admitted while picking up the rice bowl.

-"Really?"

-"Fang may look nice on the outside, but we have some pretty big holes on the inside," he continued while looking down, Ray and I felt bad.

-"Sorry, didn't mean to bring it up"

-"So, where were we?" he asked, trying to move on.

-"We all have single parents who are terrible at making jokes" Namaii started but stopped.

-"Umm...do you think chief Benja is my dad?" I asked him, while he nodded confused to where I was taking this.

-"My parents died a while back, I don't remember them much" I admitted.

-"Oh, sorry" he apologized while I mumbled 'It's okay', after a brief silence, he spoke again.

-"You know, Fang legend says Sisu is still out there"

-"Sisu? You're kidding right" Ray answered excitedly while Namaii shook his head.

-"Wanna see something?" he asked while pulling out a scroll.

-"Are you supposed to have that?!" I whispered/yelled while he scoffed out a no.

He explained how after Sisu blasted the Druun away she fell asleep into one of the rivers. And there she waits waiting to be discovered. 

(A/N):

This and the next chapter are pretty short, and I apologize for it. I don't know why and I can't remember why I made them so short, but if it continues I'll post two chapters, so we'll see.

I hope you enjoyed the chapter!

Bye!