First taste of love

Glenn found a Polaroid camera on a run, and luckily it still worked. After the ceremony, he insisted on taking a bunch of pictures. After the impromptu photo session, the group headed up to the house to continue the party with a feast. Rick went and relieved Daryl and T-Dog so they could enjoy the party.

You walked slowly behind the rest of the group, holding hands with your now husband.

"What's on your mind, darlin'?" he asks, stopping as soon as you reach the steps of the house. You say nothing and look out over the field.

"I don't know. It's hard to believe we're married."

"Is it?" he asks.

"Well, I mean given the circumstances," you reply. He smiles. "What?"

"Nothing, baby, nothing."

"You think if everything was normal this still would have happened? We still would have fallen in love, gotten married?"

He looks away and thinks for a moment. "Yeah, I do. You wanna know why?"

Of course, so you nod, and he pulls you close.

"I've never loved someone like this. Before everything went to hell, you know, I-I never thought I would get married. And I don't know, I feel like if everything had kept going, we would have found each other. It just probably wouldn't have happened so fast," he strokes your face, caressing your cheek with his large palm. "You were always meant to be mine."

You feel yourself getting choked up looking at him. He grins seeing you flustered.

"Come on, let's enjoy our day." he kisses your head.

Heading inside the house, you find everyone already gathered around the table with Patricia and Lori bringing out food.

"I'm gonna go change, I'll be right back." you kiss Shane's cheek and head upstairs to where your 'after' outfit was waiting. Happy to be back in your usual jeans and t-shirt, you went back downstairs where everyone was waiting.

"Feel better?" Shane asks.

"Yeah, much more like myself." you reply.

For your wedding gift, Hershel surprised you with the news that he was going to have the group move into the house. Maggie was graciously giving her room to you and Shane.

"Are you sure?" you ask.

"It'll be a tight fit for a while, but maybe we can think about adding on to the house." Hershel says. Maggie nods.

"It'll all work out." she agrees.

"Thank you." Shane adds. You help Maggie move her things into her sister's room and give her a tight hug.

"Thank you for everything, Maggie." you say.

"Of course. I'm glad y'all are here." she replies.

"You're glad Glenn is here." you laugh.

"That's true." she smiles.

"Maybe you'll be next." you say teasingly, picking up your veil. She rolls her eyes.

"My daddy isn't as understanding as yours is. He'd have a heart attack, and Glenn's my age. I can't imagine if he was that much older than me... Sorry."

"No, no. It's okay. It's weird to people regardless of what's going on, I get it." you shrug. Maggie is quiet for a moment, folding a shirt and placing it into a box. She grabs another.

"Does it make you nervous?" she eyes you as she folds the next shirt.

"Nervous?"

"Well, he is an older man, more experienced."