Chapter 3

I flew over to the spot I heard the roar and found a portal that a black dragon was writhing in. The endermen were whispering.

~He has come.~ The message passed through their ranks. ~He has come.~ And, based on the fact that they weren't attacking him, the dragon was very important to them. I realized that I would need to help the dragon through the portal, as the portal is much too small for the dragon. Flying over, I grabbed the base of the dragon and pulled and pushed with all of my might. There was a large POP and the dragon roared in defiance as he flew into the sky.

-Thank you.- He roared at me. -Thank you.- The endermen were excited.

~Lord Ender dragon! You have arrived!~ They called up to him. The "Ender dragon" flew around, landing on each of the spires in turn. Wherever he landed, a glowing purple hexagon appeared. Soon, each black spire had one. When I noticed a silver line connecting the purple shape to the dragon whenever he went near it, I realized that they were healing him.

-Why are you here?- I asked the dragon.

-I think I am here to protect this land.- The dragon answered.

-But... I'm here.-

-Maybe you are supposed to be a secret.- The dragon suggested. True, if the dragon was here then people would probably come. And when the people come, if I showed myself, then word would spread and more people would come just to see or kill me.

-Ok, I get it.- I smiled slightly, which did not often happen. -I could use your company, though.- The dragon growled in agreement.

-My kin did not like me very much.- He admitted.

-The endermen are not the greatest company.- I offered.

-Maybe we could- - The Ender dragon was cut off by another explosion. Standing in the center of where the explosion happened was a man who looked very, very angry.

-Hello?- I tried. He looked at me strangely. I realized this was the first time I had met someone that looked even remotely like me.

-Welcome to my home. It doesn't look like much, but I have lived here all of my life.- I started rambling, abruptly stopping when the man noticed the dragon. His eyes narrowed and he leaped up to attack it.

-Stop!- I shouted at him, intercepting him midway. Pushing him back to the ground was easier than I thought.

-Calm down,- I tried to sooth him. -Get out of here.- I commanded the dragon. He headed my orders and flew to the other side of the island.

Eventually, the man stopped struggling. -What is your name?- I asked him.

He just stared at me strangely. "What?"
He didn't understand me. I would have to speak in his tongue.

"What is yur nam?" I winced at my bad attempt. "What is your name?" I repeated.

"Herobrine," He said hesitantly. "Yours?"

I paused. "Maria," I told him.

"You're like me," He commented.

"Isn't everyone like this?" I asked, confused.

"No," He replied. "They have black eyes and no abilities."

"Where do they live?"

"In the overworld, of course."

"Where do we live?"

"What?"

"Where do we live?" I repeated my question. "If the humans live in the overworld, then where do we live?"