Chapter 12

"Rex! No, no no no! My darling, my hard work! Rex!" Arika flew on top of Rex, sobbing into his dead neck. "You weren't supposed to die..."

"Finally I have had my revenge. Where is Mina?" Herobrine's growl directed itself on Arika. She paid no attention to him, too busy mourning Rex.

"Do not ignore me!" He roared, whipping her upright with a crack. "I asked you a question, and I will receive an answer!" She stared at him limply, eyes devoid of emotion. He shook her violently.

"Stop!" I flew over to him and broke his connection to Arika. She fell freely for a second before floating back to Rex's neck.

"Do. Not. Hurt. Her," I glared into his gleaming red eyes.

"Protective?" He laughed viciously. "Ah well, no matter. I will find Mina on my own, and nobody will stand in my way!"

"I will," I approached him slowly.

"You? You of all people know how much Mina means to me. You aren't going to stand between two lovers, are you?" His red eyes stared almost pleadingly into my own white ones. I wavered uncertainly, suddenly unsure of my decision.

In my moment of contemplation, he grabbed my shoulders and blasted me into the ground, leaving a large crater in my wake. Laughing, he continued.

"You always were the forgiving type," And then he flew away. He flew away from Rex, from Akira, from me.

Groaning, I sat up. He had gotten noticeably stronger, and whatever was making him angry gave him extra power as a bonus. I stumbled to my feet, and stuttered out of the wide crater. Finally landing on my feet, I noted blandly that Mina's cage was not too far from where I had been grounded. Realizing that flying was impossible in my current state, I tripped closer to the cage where Herobrine was softly falling, falling to the ground in front of it. A pretty red haired girl with white eyes peered out from the encasings.

"Herobrine?" She whispered softly, her voice like music. "Is that you?"

I fell over, then got up and kept walking.

"Mina!" He grasped her hands tightly. "I've been waiting for this moment ever since you were taken from me. Are you hurt?" The demonic tone left his voice, but his eyes remained red.

"Um, Herobrine..." She trailed off. "I got shot. By Rex."

"Rex is dead, don't worry, Mina, I killed him," Herobrine reassured her. I was going ever closer to the cage.

"Dead?" She widened her eyes, shocked. "Dead? Rex is...?"

"Isn't it great?" Herobrine grinned sadistically.

"No! No, it isn't great! I love what Rex made me, he was everything but kind to me... after the transformation, he gave me this home, and I could talk to him. It was wonderful..." She trailed off, staring at her hands.

"But he shoved you in a cage! Kept you from coming back!" He stressed.

"Herobrine, the portal disappeared after we left. Rex realized his mistake in attacking us, and took me in after realizing we were not harmful. Or I wasn't, at least. He shot me with his power-changing dart and I became new. Some of the other dragons didn't agree with Rex, so he protected me from them by building this home. They can't get in here, and I'm safe," She explained quietly. Herobrine froze.

"Who are you?" Mina suddenly noticed me stumbling over to them. "Oh I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be rude."

"None taken," I wheezed out. "My name's Maria." Suddenly I lost my strength and fell to the ground.