Chapter 11

Silence. It stretched on, becoming more and more awkward.

"Wait..." I thought back to the conversation. "What did you mean he's a human? I mean, he's a minecraftian, but so am I..."

"Look, Maria, you don't know a lot. I get that. But to completely forget how you were created? Who created you? That's a whole nother thing," She rubbed her face.

"Could you maybe... explain?" Herobrine said in the smallest voice I had ever heard come from him.

"Fine, fine. Since obviously neither of you want to take me back," She gave us pointed looks. We remained unmoving.

"Though so. Well, Maria, I'll start with the human thing. Herobrine was born a human, with human tendencies and as a baby. He grew up around humans, and grew up himself. We, on the other hand, were created exactly how we are now," She gestured to her body. "Well, except the eyes and abilities of course. But we were created for the sole purpose of creating other realms for him, and Renatus was put in charge of choosing these realms."

"Who?"

"Oh, Notch, of course. The "God", as many put it," She waved offhandedly. "You know."

"N...Notch?" Herobrine whispered. "Notch is the creator of the overworld?"

"Of course he is. What, you didn't know that? Who did you think Notch was, a prophet?" She laughed.

"HE'S MY BROTHER!" Herobrine exploded, eyes glinted red for a moment before flickering back to white.

"B-b-b-brother?"Arika suddenly shrank back, eyeing him with a renewed fear. "Y-y-your h-his b-br-brother? Of all the people for Rex to hit," She added under her breath.

"Why is that important?" I squinted at her uncertainly.

"Take me back. I would rather suffer the treatment and not know about him. Please, Maria. I need to go back," She pleaded before my startled expression.

"I..." I glanced helplessly at Herobrine, who seemed to be struggling to take everything in.

"Just get rid of her," He said finally, glaring at Arika once before stalking away. I cautiously grabbed her arm and teleported her back to the hallway, and disappeared an instant after.

"I had a friend, Herobrine. I had a life!" I shouted the last part to the empty void below me. "I didn't know about it for so long! Just me and my thoughts, stuck here forever." Bitter, I slumped down on the endstone.

"Maria?" Herobrine's terrified voice brought me back to the present.

"Huh?" I turned around and made a startled exclamation, as he was jerking around violently.

"What's happening?" His helplessness was unnerving. His eyes started switching from red to white. Red to white.

I stumbled up to him. "Come on, hold on! Don't let yourself stay in the..." My voice trailed off as his eyes stopped switching. Unfortunately, they landed on red.

"Finally," He growled, the demonic tone vibrating through the ground. "I can express my anger."

"What's wrong with you?" I whispered.

"Oh, how nice," He sneered. "Little helpless Maria. Thanks, but no thanks, I can handle myself. Don't need your little nagging anymore." He swept his hand to the side, pushing me towards the edge. I pushed back.

"What a little fighter. Well, I don't have the time to acknowledge you, as I have much more important business. Business that happens to land in the Dragon realm," With a final evil smirk, he disappeared with a crack. Astonished at the sudden turn of events, I stared at where he had stood for a full minute before realizing the predicament. I could not personally teleport after him, since I've never been to the Dragon realm.

So what should I...?

My train of thought cut off abruptly as Arika appeared right in front of me.

"Ah!" I stumbled backwards.

"Maria! This is really, really, really bad!" She started talking extremely fast, pacing back and forth with her hands clasped behind her back.

"Herobrine gave in, and I don't think we can stop him, but the bigger issue is he went to the Dragon realm to destroy it! He's going out for blood and isn't going to stop until he destroys everything and gets to Mina! I'm afraid, I spent so much time on that realm but then the important thing is if he destroys it all then there will be no new way to make Glows! The whole thing will be pointless!" She rattled on sporadically.

"Wait, what?" I seemed to be saying those words a lot, unfortunately for me.

"Teleport us to the Dragon realm! NOW!" She grasped my shoulders and shook me crazily.

"I-I-I c-a-a-an-n-n't," My voice wobbled from being shaken violently. She froze, and I took advantage of the hiatus. "I need to have been there before, and be able to picture the place near-perfectly."

"Then teleport us to the hallway! I know how to get to the realm from there, I created it!" She latched onto my arm. "Go! He might've already done terrible damage!"

"Okay, okay!" I instantly shot us to the hallway, where she dragged me through a maze of hallways, passing unfinished and finished realms, a few with fully-functioning new monsters.

"Here! Get us passed this window! Oh no, my darlings, my babies, no..." She trailed off as she saw the destruction that lay behind her window. "Please..."

The land lay desolate, and dragons lay dead and disappeared slowly in bursts of light. Was this all because of Herobrine...?

Unable to answer, I brought us through the glass and stared around. The land was flat with pillars sticking up everywhere, and on top of the pillars lay everything from nests with eggs in them to glowing, multi-colored crystals. The crystals faded slightly, having no more nearby dragons to connect to and heal.

"Quickly!" Arika levitated and shot towards the sounds of explosions. I bolted after her, afraid of losing the blonde in this barren landscape. She then stopped abruptly, causing me to nearly run into her.

"Oh no," She whispered almost inaudibly. I did not need to ask; the answer to my questions was glaring at me fill hatred-filled red eyes, standing atop a large white dragon.

Herobrine had killed the king.