Chapter 10

Once again, I bolted upright in cold sweat, noting Herobrine's worried expression beside me.

"I can not make this a habit," I groaned, rubbing my face clear of sleep.

"What happened? I know you've been having these dreams before, when you passed out," He accused, looking frustrated and cautious. The most current dream came to me, along with all of the others. Noticing my sudden scared face, Herobrine grew more nervous.

"I built it. I built it. Why did I build it?" I murmured to myself fervently, wrapping my arms around myself.

"What? What did you build?" He asked.

"I need to show you something. Follow me," I rose limply into the air and started floating towards the edge of the island.

"No," Herobrine grabbed my arm, eyes intense. "First you need to tell me what's going on."

"It's hard. I don't know..." I took a deep breath, bravened by his encouraging eyes. "I had a life before the End, though I do not know... I have amnesia? Or something. There was this guy, and he was angry with me at first, then in a different vision he was complimenting me on my creation of a realm or something. I had a friend, she made a different realm, and I think I was part in the creation of the universe."

His eyes widened. "The creation... of the universe?"

"Well, maybe not the universe. I mean, I think the overworld was already created. We were making sub worlds, other realms, so to speak," I explained.

"Wow," He whispered. "Do you know where your realm is? And what the name is?" He levitated and floated over to my side, staring at the blackness below.

"I can show you, but I experience pain when I go down there," I emphasized.

"Pain is normal, Maria," Herobrine laughed at my drama.

"No, it's not, Herobrine. We aren't normal, we don't experience pain. I've never felt it anywhere else before, not even when the endermen attacked. We don't do pain," I stressed, trying to explain my predicament.

"Are you sure?"

"Think of a time you were in pain since you became new," I pushed.

"Well, there was the... that one time when... I mean, I have to have felt it after leaving the Overworld, right? Oh yeah! The endermen attacked me once, and that was painful," He stared at me victoriously.

"Fine. I don't feel pain. There must be something different with your transformation," I touched down on the ground.

"So wait, you don't feel any pain? At all?"

"Nope. Unless I go down..." I gestured to the void.

"Let's go!" He jumped off, falling through the void. Laughing, I followed him down. We fell, weightless, for ages.

"Are you sure it's down here?" Herobrine stopped, hovering. I zoomed passed before flying back up to him.

"I'm sure. I went there before. Come on,"

Finally we reached it, and the land was just as terrible as I remember. The black doors were silent and immobile, and the codes wandered around aimlessly. However, I noted a few new additions, including large cages filled with snarling black and grey codes with three heads. This time I looked for the large window I had been looking out from in the vision to no avail. What if I could teleport to it?

A moment later I was in the hallway where I had been standing before.

"24?" 76, who was standing beside me gasped. "Perfuga?"

"76?" I stared at her, squinting. Her white eyes stared back. "You used to have green eyes."

"O-of course I did," She stammered, backing up. "Every level Four did. But I'm a Five now."

"Wait," She backed up even more, eyes widening. "You're not supposed to remember. How much do you remember? Wait you're not supposed to be here how did you get here?" Her voice sounded much less formal than before. "I have to warn them-" She reached out to press a button.

"No!" I reached out and touched her arm, teleporting us to the empty expanse of blackness where Herobrine was.

"Where were you?" He rushed to me, furious. "You can't just disappear."

"You can TELEPORT?" 76 gaped at me. "And you brought me to HIM?"

"Who is she?" Herobrine stared at her. In reply, I grabbed both of their arms and teleported to Vita.

"She is 76. She used to be my friend," I stared pointedly at her, and she glared back unwaveringly.

"My name is not 76. I'm not a Four anymore. My name is Arika," She snapped, folding her arms.

"Okay, Arika used to be my friend. But this, Arika, is Herobrine," I introduced. He glared at her.

"I know who he is, Perfuga," Her arms came uncrossed. "He's the mistake. He wasn't supposed to exist."

"Yes, but he's your doing, isn't he, Arika?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Perfuga? But isn't your name Maria?" Herobrine asked. We ignored him.

"He wasn't supposed to happen, 24! I was supposed to get rid of him!" She stressed.

"Arika, you made Rex have that power. You created his abilities, and now they're too strong for you to stop," I took a step forward. "What will Renatus say?"

"He'll dispose of me," She whispered, falling onto her knees. I was confused, suddenly remembering a spot of information.

"But doesn't he cleans you first?" I sat next to her.

"He already did. This was my last chance of redemption. Oh 24, what am I going to do? I can't lose my memories like you did. The procedure will have been perfected since then, and there's no chance for me to remember like you are," She stared up at me with tear-filled eyes. A spark of sympathy ignited inside me.

"You can live with us," I gestured to my surroundings.

"Here?!" She recoiled. "Look, Perfuga-"

"It's Maria," I interrupted.

"Maria," She continued. "You do know who made this right? If I went here it would be like a death sentence! You do realize 59 made this!" I raised an eyebrow. Arika groaned.

"I'm not sure how you remember me but not him. 59 is the cruelest Glow ever created. He's like a reincarnation of Renatus himself."

"Why did he create the End?" I asked her, storing the term Glow in my memories.

"Look at the name, Maria. I thought you'd be able to figure this out on your own. There's only one reason that mistake over there hasn't been dealt with by Renatus, and it's because he's here," She pointed at Herobrine, who flinched at her words.

"Arika, he isn't a mistake! He is my friend and shall be treated as such!" My eyes glowed angrily. "And who are you to say so?"

"I'm a Glow, Maria! He's a HUMAN!" She yelled, eyes starting to glow as well, and she started levitating.

"Stop!" Herobrine's voice made us pause. "Why was the End created, Arika?" She calmed down, settling back to the ground.

"59 was not a kindred soul, and his realm reflected as such. He was not very creative either, and named his place the End..." She took a deep breath before staring straight into my eyes. "This is the End, Maria. There's nowhere else to go. This place is where you, and Herobrine, and any other traitor Glow are sent to die."