Chapter 5

"Now, I've never actually taught someone to fly. I guess I learned it along with walking, although walking came to me easier than flying ever did," I landed on an obsidian pillar.

"Do you just... image yourself zooming through the air?" Herobrine tried to comprehend.

"Hm," I thought for a moment. "It is instinct to me now. Do you imagine your legs walking when you do?"

"How, though?" He asked. I stayed silent, thinking.

"It is sort of a tugging in your gut while floating and flying. Now that you have the capability for it you should learn it instinctively," I floated off the pillar experimentally.

"So..." Herobrine concentrated, and hovered a block above the ground.

"You're doing it, you're doing it!" I backflipped in the air.

"Woah!" He fumbled around, holding his hands out for balance.

"Now that you know how to do it, all you have to do is practice. It takes lots and lots of practice," I warned him.

"Uh huh," He was obviously only half-listening, concentrating on staying afloat. Eventually he just closed his eyes. Clenching his fists together and gritting his teeth, he did not notice when I floated over to him slowly. Pushing him gently, he floated away from the pillar, where he was then flying many blocks in the air.

"Hey Maria?" Herobrine opened his eyes to see the pillar he was originally standing on more than ten blocks away.

"Whoa!" He lost his concentration and dropped like a stone. I yelped and streaked after him, grabbing hold of his arm and slowing his fall.

"That was..." His eyes were wild. "Exhilarating."

"You just need more practice," I hummed.

"How about we practice something more... peaceful?" He suggested. I nodded in consent.

"You should learn ender tongue, though I'm not sure how I'll teach you that either," I narrowed my eyes in thought.

"Just say, maybe, hello in ender," He suggested.

~Hello.~ I stated.

~Halo.~ He tried before laughing. "That was terrible."

~Yes, it was.~ I agreed, laughing. Then I realized he did not understand me, I had spoken in ender.

"I mean, yes, it was," I repeated myself, flushing slightly. Herobrine laughed.

Many hours later, Herobrine was able to speak fluent (kind of) ender. Because he was capable of it, he learned very fast.

~I always wanted a friend to talk to, with the endermen being the only other beings. The ender dragon himself appeared only minutes before you, and before that I was alone. There wasn't really much to do as a pastime, only figure out other abilities, I guess. I don't know your story, however. Now you know mine; there isn't really much to it. Would you mind speaking of your former life? The one you wish to return to, I mean.~ I was talking in all ender, helping him learn the language better. Fortunately, Herobrine understood my speech, showing me by smiling sadly at the ground.

~I had a girlfriend named Mina. Always patient, never angry. She was one of the few that combated my furious temper. I also have a brother. He...~ Herobrine trailed off, an angry expression settling on his face. ~He built a stupid portal to the dragon realm. Mina and I followed him, determined to stop his stupid plans. On the way back to the portal, Mina was taken by the large orange dragon.~

~Wait,~ I paused for a moment, confused. ~You could have just flown them or teleported them away. Why didn't you save them?~

~Oh, I didn't have these abilities before I came to the end,~ Herobrine explained.

~Does any minecraftian turn into us when they come to the end?~ I asked, confused.

~Well...~ He trailed off in thought, recalling a memory. ~I had the abilities after I woke up from that poison from Rex...~

~Rex!~ I shot up, realizing something. ~Rex gave you those abilities! He must have given me mine too!~

~That's great! Let's go ask the ender dragon, he'll tell us.~ Herobrine stood up and started walking briskly towards the ender dragon's resting tower.

"Maria?" He turned around a confused look on his face. I had been frozen by a sudden thought. Perfuga... the name that was given to me, means traitor. What if I don't want to uncover my obvious horrific past?

I blinked a few times, trying to come out of the daze the fear had put me in, when a blinding pain went through my head.

"Ugh!" I crouched to the floor, holding my head in my hands. My skull seemed like it was splitting in two.

"Maria, what's wrong?" Herobrine bolted to my side, his voice full of worry and fear.

"My head..." My voice failed me as another streak of pain leaped across my skull. "Agh!"

"Maria!" Herobrine's voice faded as my vision went dark.

"You were not meant to grow this strong!" Pain rippled through my abdomen. Through my blurry vision I saw a large red cut with blood floating out. The cut closed, leaving the blood to roam free in the liquid I was encased in.

"Obviously you must pay for what you have done!" I cried out as more red appeared.

"Enough," A different voice came, though it was hard to distinguish sounds through the pain and liquid.

"But, sir, I was ordered..."

"Disregard that order, of course. There was only a minor blip; the error was fixed instantly. As for the object you have so much fun playing with, put it in the new world."

"The new world? Sir, you can't mean..."

"An order is an order. You know very well what I mean," The voice was sharp, even through the liquid.

"You wish for me to put it through the machine?"

"Why, of course. It would not be time for me to get a new assistant, would it?"

"O-of course not sir! I want to do everything perfectly and there is no need for replacement!"

"Good. Good. Everything is back on schedule. Everything is part of the plan."

"Of course, sir." Through the rippled surface of the liquid, and through my bleary vision, a distorted face loomed. I felt my body being picked up and brought out of the liquid, and I weakly opened my eyes. An ugly face stared me down.

"You got lucky this time, Perfuga. Boss told me to move you," His small eyes glinted like steel. "But not before putting you through the machine."

His cackle was the last thing I heard before my mind went black. 

-------------------------------

I felt so bad about not updating in forever that I updated two chapters at once! Surprise! 

I'm going to try to update every Thursday (HEROES REBORN), and actually try to stick to the program. 

Anyhow, till next Thursday!

-Leaf