Chapter 7

How long had it been since Herobrine had talked to me? It seemed forever, though I never could understand time here.

When he stopped talking to me, I flew around less and less. I no longer found joy in doing twists in the air or seeing how many flips I could make before hitting the ground. What was the point, when there was nobody to do it with?

I also noticed the air changing. It was getting cold, so cold. I had never experienced temperature change before, and cold was new.

He built a little house out of endstone, a house with no entrance or exit. Most likely to keep out the horrible cold that had taken over the End. Once, when I was feeling braver than usual, I listened to what was happening inside the house, and I would hear a crackling noise and loud swears. It scared me and I never went near it again.

Did he not care about me anymore? Does he not remember the fun times we shared when he first got here, when I was teaching him? Was I just a tool to get what he wanted?

I had too much time to think, and tears appeared on my face more and more often. Tears, a foreign concept. Why would I be sad, other than abandonment? Too much time to think, too much thinking, nothing to do.

It was so cold.

So cold.