9

Next Day.

Saint twisted and turned in his sleep, trying to figure out why he was so uncomfortable, before finally opening his eyes.

He looked over, not seeing Imani in his bed anymore, making him frown, raising up.

"Imani?" He called out, not hearing a response, and he grabbed his phone from the dresser, dialing her number.

It went straight to voicemail, making him frown, calling again. He called twice more, and she finally picked up on the fourth ring.

"Imani what the fuck is your problem?" He frowned, standing up from his bed.

"Nothing. What'd you call for?" She asked, her tone calm and careless.

"What you mean why I call? Where you at and why you ignoring me?" He retorted, brushing his teeth.

"I'm minding my business Saint. Is that all?" She mumbled, and his frown deepened, before he chuckled.

"So you want me to find you? You think this funny or somethin'? Do you think that I won't come find you?" He leaned against his counter, his arms folded.

"We need a break." She said, and his head jerked back.

"Where the fuck is this coming from? Imani stop playing with me. Come home." He ran his hand down his face, feeling himself become irritated.

"I am home. I hit you last night, and I'm sorry for that. I asked you multiple times to let me go, and you didn't. I don't like that Saint. You don't get to do what you want with me." She told him, her voice soft, per usual.

"Wh-? Imani I apologized. I'm sorry, I figured it was a random tantrum, I wasn't trying to k-just come back so that we can talk." He sat down on his bed, his leg beginning to bounce.

"No. I told you when it was happening that I wasn't playing, and you blatantly ignored me. Because you expect everything to go your way Saint, and it won't always be like that."

"And afterwards, you tried to fix it with sex. I told you that I didn't want to do it, to get off of me, and again you ignored me, and manipulated my forgiveness because you know my body. And I didn't like that." She mumbled, and he frowned.

"What? Imani you wasn't serious. I wouldn't fuck you if you told me no. Don't make this into something that it's n-." He started, and she cut him off.

"I'm not saying that you raped me Saint. You know, that I know, that you would never do that. So don't put words in my mouth, because I never said that." She told him, and his jaw clenched, his leg bouncing faster.

"So what are you trying to insinuate then? Because if you really didn't want to fuck you know I wouldn't fuck you Imani. What are you doing this for? Do you need something? What is it?" He asked, standing up from his bed.

"I don't need anything. I think we just need some time to ourselves. We spend everyday together, and I think it's catching up to us. We need some space, because it's turning into something that we said we wouldn't allow it to get to." She said, and he frowned.

"Baby I don't need a break from you, you know I need you. Why are you doing this? Just t-tell me what to do to fix it. I need you Imani." He mumbled, rubbing over his braids as he paced his room.

"I'm not breaking up with you Saint. It's just a break." She spoke softly, and he shook his head.

"No. No, because people in relationships don't take breaks. If you feel that you need a break, then you probably will eventually feel that you don't wanna be with me anymore. And I'm asking what to do to fix it before it gets to that. Imani I love you. Tell me what to do. Please." He stopped pacing, and she sniffed, beginning to cry.