7-Replaced

"Hi guys! Hope everyone's well. I'm bored, anxiously awaiting some later plans so I thought I'd go live and sing some covers for you guys?"

If I had any talent in me at all, it was my ability to write poetry and lyrics and my ability to sing. I didn't sing much since my parents died, but I tried to do it more and more as time passes.

I saw a lot of comments requesting songs, as well as others expressing their excitement to hear me sing again.

"The first song I'm going to sing is Replaced by American Authors." I played an instrumental version, singing along to the lyrics that meant so much to me.

"I feel like hell. I'm all over the place. Can't believe I'm seeing you in this random space. You know I miss you. Do you believe in fate?" I had to admit to myself that I had quite a beautiful voice.

"If you think the universe is so big and vast.. Don't wanna be alone. You moved on too fast. Didn't catch her name, just trying to catch my breath." I closed my eyes, feeling every word like I had when I heard it the last time.

"Of course it's you, I'd seen them walking down the street. Maybe the world is telling me it's never easy.

"So listen up, my heart is dark/stuck. I know that I've been replaced. I've had enough. I've tried to love, keep coming back to this place.

"I wanna be free and let you fly away. To see a smile, upon your face; it's the hardest part about being replaced."

I opened my eyes for a beat, scanning through the lovely comments. I ignored any hateful ones, as there weren't as many.

"I heard you moved in, wasn't that our plan? Still wake up in the morning and I reach for your hand. I failed/felt chemistry, I don't understand. Most days I sleep in; see more light than day. I had all the answers, now the questions have changed. It's a running joke that I can't escape."

I felt tears prick my eyes, but I ignored them and kept singing. I tried not to think about how the only way Ron would sleep during college was by calling me and listening to me sing. Poor bastard had worked himself so much, he barely slept. A trick phone call and a song later, he would be sawing logs.

I repeated the chorus and pre chorus over again before ending the song. I took a breath, taking a sip of water after.

That was beautiful

I'm crying😭

She must be feeling some type of way. She felt those lyrics

"I did feel the lyrics! This song is one of my new favorites." I smiled. "It's... My current anthem."

I took another sip of water before starting up my next song. "Next one is Easy Come, Easy Go by Imagine Dragons."

~~~

Biting the bullet, I dressed myself up in a nice yet casual outfit and went to Andrea's. I knocked on the door, debating on turning tail and running back home.

A small girl opened the door, the curliest red hair I've ever seen flowing around her face. She grinned up at me, smiling.

"Are you Hazel?"

My heart melted. "Yes, I am. Who are you?"

Before she could answer, Andrea appeared in the doorway. "You made it! Go wash up for dinner, honey." The little girl rushed off at her mother's request.

"She's adorable." I smiled, stepping inside and taking my shoes off. "How old is she?"

"9, and my oldest is 13." Andrea's house was as beautiful as she was. It was heartbreaking, knowing that I would never be able to compete with her in Ron's eyes. How could I? She was perfect, as were her kids and house.

I sat down at the table, sitting between the two girls and across from Andrea. She had made some of the best looking and smelling pasta I had ever had the pleasure of seeing and smelling.

"Ron told me you loved fettuccine Alfredo, so we made that." Andrea smiled warmly.

"Well, my god, Andrea, if this tastes as good as it looks and smells, I might have to date you instead of him." I joked lightly, my stomach growling. She and the girls laughed and we began digging in.

Holy shit, this was pretty good.

"So you're Ron and Willow's sister?" The littlest girl asked. "But you don't look like them."

I smiled softly and looked at my plate. "Willow is my best friend. Her sister Lauren used to babysit me when I was a baby, and Willow decided then that I was her family."

"What about Ron?" The older girl asked.

"Ron was older, but he also took me in. The two used to fight over me, can you believe that? My first word was even Ron, but I don't remember that." My smile slowly fell as I thought about Ron.

"Are you two still close?"

"He talks about you all the time."

"Does he? I hope he only says good things." I blushed.

"He does! He tells us how pretty you are and that you can sing!"

"Well, I may be pretty, but you both, and your momma, are gorgeous. Ron is a very lucky man." I told them.

"I'm a very lucky woman. Finding a man that gets me like Ron is hard. I'm so glad I found him." Andrea smiled lovingly.

I nodded my head slowly, forcing a smile. "Well, I'm glad that he has you and vice versa. I'm glad that he's happy."

Andrea's eyebrows furrowed slightly. "There it is again.. Are you positive you and Ron were never together?"

"Of course not. Why would we have? He's out of my league, for one. For two, the age gap. For three-"

"Me?" She asked, her bright eyes showing that she finally understood what was going on between Ron and I.

I looked at my lap, not wanting to answer. I knew my lack of answering her was enough of an answer. My silence said all.

I could have said that reason three was because he viewed me as his sister. I froze instead, sealing my fate.

"Girls, can you go do your homework?" The girls immediately took off to their room, sensing the tension that I brought to the table.

"Are you in love with him?" Andrea asked, her hands clasped and up by her mouth in thought.

It was now or never. I had to tell the truth. After all, it wasn't like I was going to ever take him from her.

"Yes."

"For how long?"

"For a long time. Since about the time Starset formed."

"Does he know?"

"I believe he does, yes. We've argued about it. I'm trying my best to get over him and let him go. That's why he and I have been arguing and why I've been distant." I explained.

"Could he be in love with you?"

Of all the questions for Andrea to ask, this was not one I was expecting. How could she seriously ask me that?

"Andrea, he's in love with you." She had to know that, right?

"But is it possible that he has feelings for you, too?" She looked heartbroken.

"No. He only thinks of me as his littlest sister."

A ding interrupted the conversation. Both of us checked our phones, but I was the winner here.

You sang beautifully in your Instagram Live earlier today. That first song had me in tears. We'll be okay, Hazelnuts.

Oh no. No. Ron had watched my live? That was the last thing I wanted.

"I should go." I told Andrea, deciding that I had fucked up royally enough. I was grateful that she didn't fight me, so I quietly took my leave and headed back home.

I had to get over Ron now.