10-Telepathic Heart

I sat down on the stool next to Ron, who currently had his head down on the table. I almost thought he was asleep until he picked his head up when I touched his back.

"Hey Ronny. You okay?" I asked softly, rubbing his back in slow, comforting circles.

"Hazel? How did you get here? Wait, I didn't die, right? Because you kind of look like an angel right now." Ron's eyes were red and glassy. I frowned and reached up to cup his face in my hands.

"No, Ron. You're just drunk." I reminded him, stroking his cheek. "Why don't you go home with Andrea?"

Ron frowned, bringing a hand up to cover mine on his face. "I don't want to. I can't keep going back there with her while I'm hurting over you. That's not fair to her."

"Stop hurting over me, Ron." I sighed.

"That's like asking you to stop having feelings for me. It doesn't work that way, Hazel, and you know it."

"Then let's discuss this. Why are you hurting over me?" I asked, withdrawing my hand to cradle it to my chest.

Ron frowned at the loss of contact and reached for my hand again. "I fucking miss you, Hazel. So fucking much. It hurts, okay? Knowing that I fucked up our relationship time and time again tears at my soul. Worst part is, I don't even know how to fix it. I see you with that fucking curly haired Muppet and I want to go ballistic."

I couldn't help but chuckle at the unique choice of words he used to describe Remy. Willow had called him something similar earlier in the night as a joke.

"Why? Shouldn't you be happy for me?" I frowned. "That's what you asked of me before."

Ron leaned his head into his hand, sighing loudly. "I can't be happy for you. I've tried, but I just can't."

"Why?" I frowned, a cold feeling sinking into my gut. Anxiety began to crawl up my throat, using my lungs as rope.

Ron looked up at me, his eyes clear if only for just a moment of sobriety. "The thought of him touching you.. Of him being the hero of your story.. Of you touching him and being happy with him... Makes me sick."

Was this a confession? Did Ron actually feel the same I did?

No. This was wrong. He was drunk. I had to stop him now before we ruined things further.

"You didn't ruin our relationship, Ronny. I did that all on my own. I mean, I guess you helped a little bit, but it's not a big deal. We can work things out once we've both worked through our feelings."

Ron groaned in frustration, taking his hat off of his head and smacking it against the barstool. "Hazel, just.. listen to me."

His blue eyes held my gaze as his moment of frustration passed. When his mouth opened next, I was ill prepared for what came out.

"You always turn away, back to the start where I break through. You can run, you can run away. I will wait in the dark for you." Ron sang, softly so he wouldn't embarrass anyone. We already had half the club watching us as it was.

"Should've never felt this way, cause you're the sun and I'm just a moon. I'm in the dark til you light the way. Cause I'm see through. You can read my mind." I sang with him, feeling tears pool in my eyes. This was a confession so raw and pure, neither of us would ever be the same afterwards.

"Hazel, I don't want to go home, unless it's with you, because home.. It is you." His eyes were glossy again, like the alcohol came back around. I nodded my head, pulling him up to stand.

"Okay, let's go then. But you have to tell Andrea good night." I told him, leading him towards said woman.

"You're going home with Hazel and Willow?" Andrea asked. She couldn't bear to say just my name, she had to add his sister's name, too.