9-The Only One He Wants

A few weeks passed since Ron blew up on me for trying to move on from my feelings for him. I hadn't seen him, but he was so far shoved up Andrea's ass, it didn't matter.

I spent more time with Remy, getting to know him and vice versa. We actually had quite a bit in common.

Remy loved to read. He loved theater. Hell, he even played guitar. It was amazing that no matter where I went, storytelling and music followed me everywhere.

I curled up with Remy, watching Marvel movies on TV. Remy was also a big comic book fan. He had actually read Dustin's novel, both printed and graphic, on release.

Remy wrapped his arm around me and kissed the top of my head. "So, I've got this.. trip planned. Actually, it was meant to be an anniversary trip with my ex, but I never cancelled it. I was hoping maybe you would go with me?"

"Where is it?" I asked as I looked up at him.

"It's in Michigan. There's this little Ger-"

"Frankenmuth?!" I asked excitedly. Originally, my parents had lived in Michigan, but moved to Chicago before I was born. I moved with Willow and her family to Ohio after they died.

"Yeah, actually. You want to go?" Remy grinned softly.

"Fuck yes I do! My parents used to go there every year with me!" I hadn't been since my parents died.

"You can invite that friend of yours, too. Willow? If it would make it more comfortable for you. I know we've only been hanging out a few weeks. The trip isn't for another few weeks, but.." Remy's cheeks turned pink and he scratched the back of his neck.

"Yeah, we can work things out." I nodded, smiling. I rested my head back on his shoulder and focused back on the movie at hand. We were currently watching Captain America: Civil War.

I had seen most of the Marvel movies. They were interesting and entertaining. Plus, the cast was hot.

After we watched Civil War, we both decided to get a bite to eat. We decided on going to the closest burger joint. Thank God for outdoor seating, it was too beautiful of a day to waste inside for too long.

We sat down and tucked into our meals. I heard someone sigh, "You've got to be fucking kidding me."

I sighed, wishing I could disguise myself. Across the patio of the restaurant sat Ron and his new family, along with Adam and his girlfriend, Hannah.

Remy followed my gaze and frowned. "Oh great. Here comes the ex to intimidate me."

Ron and Adam both walked my way. Well, Ron walked like he was about to blow up, and Adam chased after him in case he did something stupid.

"Hey Hazel!" Adam said, his voice cracking with nerves.

"Hi Adam." I hummed, ignoring the ever grumpy and brooding Ron.

"Enjoying your meal?" Adam asked, chuckling awkwardly.

"I was." I replied. "How's Hannah?"

"Good! She said to give you all her love."

"Don't fucking ignore me." Ron growled.

"Go the fuck away." I responded, shooing him off. He growled again, frustrated and pissed off. The sweet little Hazel he and Willow used to fight over would never treat her precious Ronny like this.

That Hazel was gone. She died when her parents did.

"Hey, she asked you to leave." Remy said, eyes set in a harsh glare. He stood from his seat, almost challenging Ron.