Chapter 15

Cath’s pov

Tik tok tik tok tik tok tik tok.....

the clock’s ticking. I count how many times they tick. I stare at the blank space.

I can’t think of anything right now. all i can think of is how awful this holiday season is, and how reclusive I am as a human being. At least I still feel that way.

Everyone displeases me. No one satifies me, even Snow, my cat barely look at me in the eye. She asks Abby to feed her, not me. Smart cat. She knows I’m in a severe mental breakdown. I look straight to my phone, which is currently buzzing all the time. I suppose it’s Chris, but who knows. It’s been 6 times now since it buzzed a second ago.

I grab my phone and see 6 missed calls from John.

John...

Why him? Not expected.

My phone’s buzzing again. 7 times.

“Um, hi.” I start, sighing loud.

“Gosh, I thought something bad happened to you cause’ you didn’t...”

“Pick up the phone. Right.” I smile a little about how concern he is about me. Still the same John I know.

He sighs. I sigh. Awkward. A moment of silence.

“Hey, are you okay?” he finally drops the bomb out of his mouth. I curve my mouth for a moment before I reply, “It’s-it’s hard to explain.”

“why are you calling? Is there something important?” I ask as I exhale some air.

“Nah, just wanna make sure you’re okay...”

“sounds like you need some air. Meet me at the School’s rooftop?”

I smile to myself, “I didn’t know it’s still open.”

“uh-haha... It’s never locked.” I smile even wider.

I remember when me and him used to sneak in up there. Just me and him, his older cousin who used to go to school there also, used to be one of the student council’s member, she has this key access to every rooms or classes in the School.

John always asks for it until he dated me... well, we used the place to...

Well, had time just with each other and grab some air.

“Hello?”

Damn it. He’s still on the phone.

“Sorry...Um...Yeah...I’ll be there.”

----------------------------------------------------

I grab my purple coat and knee high black boots, tie my hair in mess up do, grab my clutch and walk out of the house.

I close the door behind me and can feel the cold fresh air instantly.

I exhale hard and take it all in.

Maybe John was right after all. I really need some outing for a moment.

---------------------------------------------------------

The School is open, as usual. I said hi to the School’s security, Mr. Greenberg, he’s kinda my friend actually for the past few years, he led me to the class on my first day of high school. Huh, good old times. I said that I need to pick up some stuffs from my locker, so he lets me in.

Where are you?

Just go up stat. I’m right there.

Kay.