Chapter 8

Irys was driving around the city trying to find Bae, she still wasn't answering. If only Irys had a superpower that can instantly tell her where her wife is.

She went to all places she thought Bae would've gone to but there is still no sign of her until… She drove past a bar and saw a familiar red haired girl walking on the sidewalk. 

She immediately stopped the car and ran towards the girl, she hugged her tightly as tears rolled down her cheeks.

"Where have you been? I was so worried about you!" She says. Bae reeks of alcohol, she wanted to scold her but she couldn't, her priority right now is to take her wife home.

"Irys, I don't wanna fight anymore… I'm so tired."

~~~~

Roberu was rushed to the hospital even when he didn't want to because Irys kept on insisting and Bae was panicking the whole time.

"Come on, it's just a broken nose Hakos-chan" Roberu patted the red haired girl who was sitting beside the hospital bed. "Bringing me here is completely unnecessary"

"Well, It wasn't completely unnecessary," Irys replied.

Bae glances at Irys and then looks back at Roberu wiggling his eyebrows at her, it was obvious that this guy knows something's up and then it hits her. The night at the bar when she was practically confessing her love for Irys, Roberu literally knows everything now. 

"If it was really unnecessary then can we leave you now?" Asked Bae. 

Irys gently smacks Bae's forehead and sighs. 

"Please don't say that to a patient, Bae." She says, causing Roberu to giggle.

Bae did want to stay, she was the reason he's here but she also wanted to leave knowing Roberu might spill something to Irys when she's not looking.

"Yeah, Bae. Stay with me for a while" Roberu added.

"Actually, I changed my mind. Let's go, Bae."

Before Roberu could even speak, both Irys and Bae made their way out. Although Bae was confused as to why Irys changed her mind, at least she did. 

Bae didn't know why but she could feel an intense awkwardness between her and Irys as they walked out of the hospital. She thought they were already comfortable enough with each other but what she's feeling now is the same awkwardness as she felt when they first met at the office. 

"Your phone is in my office by the way, he brought it there before you-"

"Yes, I know what I did, stop poking my conscience"

Another moment of silence. Irys on the other hand wanted to dig a hole and hide there for the rest of her life. She's completely aware of her actions and she knows that her jealousy made her act impulsively.

"Hey, did Roberu-senpai mention anything about me to you earlier?" Asked Bae, referring to her confession. "He only said that you went to his bar and got drunk," Irys replied.

"Is he your friend for a long time? If so, how come I never knew him?" She added. 

"I thought you didn't have to and besides, during college you were so busy. I never actually thought that we'd keep in touch after he dropped out."

Irys hums in response, "I got worried when you didn't answer my calls earlier, it reminded me of the time when we used to fight every night and you'd disappear so I had to call you even though I knew you would never pick up"

"Back then I didn't answer your calls on purpose because I was so mad at you. I would crash into his bar and vent my frustrations" Bae replied with a chuckle remembering how much trouble she had caused Roberu back then. She would ignore Irys all night and then walk home past midnight so when she gets home, Irys is asleep and they don't have to fight.

"Thats horrible Bae, I'd wait all night for you back then"

"'Wait all night' she says, and when I get home, you're sound asleep"

"I was pretending!"

They both ended up laughing at each other. Now that the tension has eased, they both went back to their normal selves. They never really talked about the past, fearing the other might get uncomfortable and things might get awkward at work. It would sucks if it turns out that way

Because Irys feels safe expressing her feelings to Bae even after 3 years of their divorce. It's not easy leaving someone who still has a place in your heart, and there's still some unfinished conversations between you two. 

She wishes she could explain how wonderful Bae is. How she could look into her eyes and never get tired of her beauty. How the sound of Bae's voice gives her butterflies. How seeing her walk into a room makes Irys smile. How much she means to her and how much he loves her. How she's so in love with every little thing about her.

One of the hardest things to do is let go of what you had hoped that would last a lifetime. And at this moment she's wondering… what would happen if she'd suddenly confess to Bae that she's still in love with her…