Chapter 4

Bae slowly fluttered her eyes open and saw a wonderful sight in front of her. Irys was sleeping peacefully, cuddling with her

Bae let out a warm smile as she stroked her wife's hair. 'What a beautiful angel,' she thought. A few moments after enjoying her wife's beauty, Bae got up and kissed her cheeks, causing Irys to form a smile while she slept.

Bae chuckles at the adorable scene in front of her, she then fixes her hair and is about to head to the kitchen until she hears Irys's phone's text notification. She didn't want to be nosey but Irys was her wife, maybe it was about work.

She checked on Irys's phone and froze for a few moments. She glanced at Irys before frowning, she didn't want to jump into conclusion but her jealousy said otherwise and so she put back her phone where it came from.

Let's just ignore it for now… what could possibly go wrong...

Reine: 
Hey, Irys! Are you coming over tonight?

~~~~

It's been a week since their last meeting. Today, Bae came to the office to sign more paperworks for the movie. Kronii wasn't here for today since she had to deal with other things so it would probably just be Bae, Irys and Mumei.

Bae yawned, It was still early in the morning and Bae wasn't really a morning person. She entered the elevator and pushed the button to the floor where Irys's office is located. 

Then, as the elevator closed, a person yelled, causing Bae to instinctively put her hand in the middle to stop the elevator from closing. 

"Thank you!" The person says as they enter the elevator. Bae smiled in response, giving a little bow. She was still too sleepy and couldn't recognize the person until…

"Bae? Is that you?"

Hearing her name, Bae jolted from her sleepy self and looked at the person who's wearing a wide smile. Suddenly, it felt like she was suffocating.

Reine. 

"Oh, Reine, Long time no see! What are you doing here in Japan?"

Reine Pavolia, She's also a director but she's from Indonesia. She knew about Reine through Irys when Irys asked her to come along with her for a dinner party, but at that time they kept their marriage hidden from everyone. The last time Bae has heard of Reine was when she and Irys faught. Irys said that Reine went back to Indonesia for a new project.

"Just came here for a vacation with my friends. Since I'm already here, I decided to pay a visit to Irys." 

Bae cringed at the thought of them hanging out. She knew she wasn't supposed to feel that way since she and Irys are now nothing but partners for a project… but she couldn't help it. 

"Ah, but I think Irys doesn't really have a free time right now"

"Yeah, I know and Irys won't hang out with me even if she did have free time anyways. I can't even count with one hand the times she turned me down. The last time we hung out was like three years ago with the casts of Holo Alt, after that she said that she had a fight with her partner"

Bae felt guilty. The day after Irys hung out with Reine and the others, they had a huge fight. She thought that Irys was hanging out with Reine alone, she wasn't aware that there were many people that were present. 

Her jealousy led her to think that Irys was seeing another woman behind her back. It was only a year and a half after their divorce that she found out the truth from a friend. She wanted to reach out to Irys and apologise but it was too late.

The elevator opened and both Bae and Reine went to Irys's office. 

"Iryyyyysss~" Reine barges into the room causing Irys to jump in surprise. "Long time no see!"

"Reine?" 

Reine smiled and widened her arms, motioning Irys to hug her. Bae glanced at Irys as if telling her not to go for it, but what can she do? She doesn't have any authority over Irys anymore.

Irys crosses her arms. "If I were you, I would have given up on trying to injure someone by giving them a hug."

"Oh come on. That was once, I was trying to copy Coco senpai with her bone crushing hug" Reine replied. "Besides, my hugs doesn't have any hidden intentions anymore such as injuring someone"

"As if I'd believe a turkey like you"

Bae was staring at them with confusion. She was secretly happy that Irys wasn't hugging Reine but being self aware that she's really possessive over someone who isn't even her's anymore pisses her off. 

'This is going to be a long day,' Bae whispered to herself.