Chapter 13

"So… Divorce, huh?" The taller pink haired girl says as she takes a sip from her glass of wine. "Are you sure?"

Bae groaned, "Yes."

"Hey, I'm just making sure that you know what you're doing. You're my little sister and it really sucks to see you this way. Irys is a good girl so I just don't get why you wanted a divorce, but I won't stop you because it's your decision." The other girl replied.

Bae suddenly went silent. Her sister didn't know the problems they had, she didn't know about the late night fights or the yelling at each other's faces in the morning. She didn't know how sickening it felt just by being in the same room as Irys but still wanted to be close to her anyways. No one knows. Just her and Irys.

"I don't need to explain myself. We're getting a divorce and that's that."

~~~~

"Bae? What are you doing here?" Asked the tall pink haired girl as she opened the door. Bae kept her eyes on the floor so that the girl wouldn't notice her puffy eyes from crying too much.

"Calli, I need sisterly advice," Bae replied.

Calliope Mori, Bae's older half sister. They have different mothers but the same dad. Calli has always been Bae's one call away person, she's always there when Bae needed her the most, she was the first person Bae told about the divorce and now she's here again, asking for her help.

Calli invited Bae inside and made her a cup of coffee. Bae scanned the house a bit and noticed something was off, it wasn't a warm comfy home… It was cold and filled with sadness. Like there was something missing.

"Where's Kiara?" She asked. 

Calli flinched, almost dropping the mug. "We uh… we broke up a while ago."

"WHAT?" Bae exclaimed. They broke up? Calli and her girlfriend Kiara have always been the couple's goals. They were always so cute and so perfect for each other. This is a big surprise!

"Why?! I don't mean to pry but I'm really curious!"

Calli sighs and sits down. "It was my fault. I was filled with shortcomings and I prioritised my work more. I barely have any time for her and I guess she got tired of waiting for me, and I don't blame her for it."

"But did you at least try to make it work?" 

"I did, but it was too late to fix it. She fell out of love and I didn't notice until she finally broke it off."

Was this how Irys felt when she announced the divorce without trying to fix them? Irys wasn't able to say her thoughts and just agreed to it… Bae didn't realise she was hurting so much. 

"Anyway, as much as it hurts me, I need to move forward without her. What about you? What's up with you showing up at my place this early in the morning?" Calli asked.

Bae avoided Calli's gaze. She contemplated whether to tell Calli about Irys or just leave it because Calli is already facing problems of her own.

But if she keeps this to herself, she would probably lose her mind. 

"I hooked up with Irys"

Suddenly the room was filled with awkward silence. Calli's eyes widened and her jaw dropped. "How the hell did that happen?! You have had no contact with each other for the past 3 years!"

"I forgot to tell you we've been working together for 6 months now."

Calli looked at her in disbelief. She can't blame her, after all, she was the one who filed the divorce and yet she was also the one who kissed Irys last night.

"I… It was a mistake. I was drunk and she was hanging out with someone, I got so jealous that I kissed her, stuff escalated after that." Bae tried to explain herself but she was panicking. She can't imagine how Irys would feel after she left. 

"A mistake? Are you sure? Bae, It's not good to play with other people's feelings"

Irys must've felt so confused right now. But Bae… Bae was scared. She doesn't know how to face Irys after what happened. She knew the consequences they have to face after but at that moment, she didn't care about those consequences. She wanted Irys. 

"No! I'm not playing with her feelings! It's just that… I don't even know anymore, Calli. What should I do?"

Calli tries to calm Bae down and herself as well, if both of them have their thoughts all over the place, there's no way they could fix this problem.

Calli then took a deep sigh and then spoke "Okay, first of all, why do you think it's a mistake?"

"Well, we're divorced! We have already severed what we had and we've been fine without each other for the past years. It would only ruin the friendship we've build up for 6 months"

"Bae, that's a shallow reason. You still want her, right?"

"I-" Bae paused. Calli stayed there silently, waiting for Bae's answer. "I do. Of course I do."

After all, she never really stopped wanting Irys even with the constant denial. She had already confessed all of this to Roberu before and even after that she still tried to gaslight herself that she was only saying that stuff out of impulse because  she was drunk.

But every thought that she had about it vanished into thin air after she tasted the lips of her once bride again. She didn't realise how much she craved for Irys. 

Calli then lifted her cup and crosses her legs, "Then, this is the advice I could give you"