Chapter 18: The end

They have been on a roller coaster of emotions these past few months and their wedding day is no exception. Irys was probably the most nervous one. She's been here before but she's experiencing the same anxiety that she had during their first wedding.

Sana notices Irys's shaky hands and patted her back for reassurance "Irys, calm down," said the taller girl.

"W-what if she backs out?? And leave me at the altar?? And she'll become a runaway bride??" 

Sana laughs at her friend's panicked expression. Truth be told, Irys was also like this when they were planning on how to propose to Bae. It took them a long time to figure out how because Irys was too picky so they just combined their ideas together

Sana suggested the space exhibit and she was actually the one who gave Irys the four planets. Mumei suggested the antique shop because she loved that place. Fauna suggested that she should propose at a garden and Irys loved all of their ideas but she couldn't pick one.

She got Calli to help her figure it out and Calli said that she should take Bae to all these places while Kronii suggested the first letter thingy. They were glad it turned out the way they planned it to be.

"Dude, chill, she already said she'd marry you again" said Kronii as she crossed her arms, earning a light smack from Mumei. 

"You can't tell people to just chill on their wedding day, Kronii. Bet you'd act the same when it's our turn"

Kronii blushed at her girlfriend's reply. They've been dating for quite some time now which was truly a shocker to the group but that's a story for them to tell. 

"Just relax, Irys. Everything is going to be just fine." Said Sana before giving Irys a reassuring smile. Irys then nodded and took a deep breath. 

Yes. Everything is going to be just fine

This day feels surreal and leaves her feeling like she's in a different reality. Suddenly they were surrounded by friends, family, coworkers and acquaintances as she decked out in a beautiful wedding gown. They will be the centre of attention. It feels overwhelming.

She was in awe as she saw Bae walk down the aisle with her wedding gown. Not even a thousand words could describe how she felt. To see her beloved wearing that gown again, holding a bouquet and to know that she is her destination… it took everything in her power just to hold back the urge to burst into tears.

"You look perfect" whispered Irys as she locked arms with Bae. The smaller girl smiled warmly at her and whispered back, "thank you."

If Bae could be honest, she's been so nervous to stand here with her again. Everyone was here for them and she could feel their aura, but just for a moment, she'll pretend it's just them.

Irys looked glamorous. If she could cover everyone's eyes just to keep this woman's beauty all to herself, she would! But at the same time she wanted everybody to know that her wife is the most beautiful girl in the world.

It all came back to her, the emotions that she felt during their first wedding. The first kiss, the reading of the vows, the exchanging of wedding rings, the confetti toss, everything. Her stomach was swarmed by butterflies.

And the peak of the ceremony was the best she had ever felt. To promise to spend the rest of their lives together, to be one with Irys again.

"In the presence of our family and friends, I, Baelz, choose you, Irys to be my wife" she paused "again" she jokes, earning some giggles from the crowd and from Irys. "To have and to hold, from this day forward, for better for worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, and to be faithful to you alone. This is my solemn vow."

And Irys repeats what she said except for the joke part. She could feel her heart race as it was time for them to exchange rings. The rings that they had were the rings from their first wedding, they haven't worn them for the past years that they've been apart and it's time for them to wear it again. 

"Baelz, I give you this ring, that you may wear it, as a symbol of the vows we have made this day. I pledge you my love, and respect, my laughter and my tears. With all that I am, I honour you."

Now may those who wear these rings live in love all their days. Now may the love which has brought them together, continue to grow and enrich their lives. May they continue to meet with courage any problems, which may arise to challenge them. May their relationship always be one of love and trust. May the happiness they share today be with them always. And may everything that they have said and done here today become a living truth in their lives. 

"Baelz and Irys, we have heard your promise to share your lives in marriage. We have recognize and respect the covenant you have made before each one of us witnesses. Therefore in the honesty and sincerity of what you have said and done here today, it is my honour and delight to declare you married and partners in life… for life.

You may now seal your vows with a kiss"

And with that, Irys pulled her in and pressed their lips together. Bae could hear the cheers from the crowd but chose to focus more on the tender kiss from her now wife. 

And finally, she can call Irys her wife again.

_____________

"Man, today feels like a long day but at the same time I kinda hate the fact that it's going to end already." Said Irys as she laid beside Bae who was reading something. 

"It's not like we won't be married anymore after this day ends. I'm still your wife tomorrow and the day after, right?" Bae replied, earning a smug smile from Irys which made her blush.

"Uh huh. That's right! You're my wife tomorrow and the day after and for all the days that are yet to come."

Bae could feel her heart flutter as Irys snuggled closer to her. Little moments like this are what she misses the most and she's glad she could finally have them back. It felt lonely when Irys wasn't with her. 

"Hey, Bae?"

"Hmm?"

"Thank you. Thank you for being a part of my life again. I promise to never let you go this time."

Bae took a moment to stare at her beautiful heterochromatic eyes before planting a kiss on her forehead. "And so do I," She said.

That's right. Little moments like this are what she misses the most because it never fails to make her feel loved and cared for. And Irys is the only person who could make her feel this way..

"By the way, what do you think about having little bratz running around the house?" Asked Irys, causing Bae to raise her brows.

"What little bratz?" She replied.

"I'm asking your opinion about having kids."

Bae's eyes widened in shock. Irys only laughs before turning her back at Bae who was as red as a tomato. She did not elaborate further.

"Kids?? Irys??"

Irys ignored her and proceeded to close her eyes and left her wife with a bunch of questions in mind.

"Irys?"

Silence.

"Oi wake the fuck up!!"

The end.

__________

A/N:
AAAAAAAAAA it finally ended! Thank you all so much for reading "after goodbye." I honestly didn't expect this story to receive so much love from all of you because I only published this out of impulse and boredom.

The original plan that I had in mind is to only write 10 chapters because I have commitment issues. But your comments got me motivated and I ended up writing more! 

Totally did not write this chapter while I'm drunk on my birthday xD.

Anyways, thank you so much! (Also I'm writing a new baerys fic called "not so romantic" but I won't be updating regularly for now because school is bitching. Check it out! Only if you want to of course :D)