demonic investigation

Pushing loose (h/c) strands of hair behind her ear, she stood up. A black backpack held onto her back, its straps over both of her relaxed shoulders. Brushing down the lovingly red fabric of her haori, she began to exit the building. To her left was her confident trainee, Inosuke Hashibira. He stood with fatal grip on a filthy boar mask he always wore. It scared most people, but she grew quite fond of its uniqueness.

I think it defines him as a person. He must be incredibly tough..! Even though I've never once seen him wash it...

Despite that, she also loved the delicacy of his sweet face. The boy had an apparent soft spot, and it was lovely when she was able to see it.

"Ah, I see you've taken the mask off for me, hm.?"

Inosuke nodded shyly, his grip on it tightening. He always got a bit timid when his mask was off, but that was no bother, (y/n) understood that very clearly.

"Train with Ms. Kocho while I'm gone. I wont be long, Inosuke." The smile that left her lips was always so familiar to him. Inosuke nodded, and was surprised as her palm pressed itself agfainst the tip of his head.

"You best be on your finest behavior, Inosuke. I will reward you if good word comes my way!"

A precious smile couldn't be contained anymore, and once her hand left his head and her feet began to prance away, he flung the mask back onto his head. Nearly jumping up and away, he ran off to train even harder. "I'll impress you alright! I'll be a whole new person once you're back, just you wait!"

Hands folded in front of her, she walked through the exit gate to be greeted by multiple strong Demon Slayers: Tanjiro, Sanemi, and Giyuu. Her eyes widened in shock at the odd group, skeptic of what may be going on. Sanemi hated those two, so what was the occasion?

The white headed boy stood forward before the others, stopping Kosmo by her shoulder. "Good luck on your mission. If at any point you are close to a disadvantage, send your crow to come and get me."

She shook her head, laughing a little. Looking into his pale eyes, she could tell he was serious. "So kind of you. I mustn't waste any more time, though."

Her body broke from his battered skin, and he watched from afar as she waved goodbye to the others. In a quick movement, she tapped the tip of her swords handle.

"Breath of the Spirit, First Form : Embedded Graveyard"

As the words slipped off of her tongue like a common prayer, she disappeared. Following her footsteps at a gracious length was a black mass. From the dirt came hands reaching out at her. These sped her up and pushed her ahead as she ran.

-

Exciting music rumbled throughout the bustling city as the moon began to takeover. The location she was in was a fun and exciting city, and it was actually a place that (y/n) would've gone to with a friend for a few days of fun (if ever given the opportunity, Hashiras don't really get vacations until they perish).

Spas, Hotels, Casinos- everything was there. That included pretty girls, as they filled the streets completely.

She had arrived at the city quite early- about a day ago. Under the specific mission, she had already searched the area for any suspicion. Doing this outside of uniform was foreign and a bit uncomfortable to her, but necessary to hide suspicion. People shot a few weird glances her way, for a relatively normal girl was inspecting some of the littlest things to it's fullest capacity; broken door knobs, missing people, most recent murders and crimes. Despite any judgement, it helped her monumentally.

Written in the pages of her journal were all of the suspicions of demonic activity she could strain out of the city. Drunk men were going missing. According to missing files, people described them as flirtatious and sinful.

Full of hatred, but signs were there. Throughout the city, there were a couple spots against walls- brick and wooden. They looked like dents- possibly from struggle. It's not the most reliable, since they could've been there for a while from something else- but it remained trivial due to the fact that there were multiple of them.

Her clues narrowed down a possible demon that only kills men. The hypothesis of this demon was that it was mild in strength, but targeted men that seemed like some sort of threat to woman. A drunk man is a monster, she wrote, closing the book and tying it up.

As the days past, each investigation got more and more boring. Who knew such a bustling city could grow on an attractive woman so quickly.

-

There she laid on a clean futon, the room around her colored in mainly plain colors. A few plants were scattered around the place, but that was about it; aside from some regular furniture. Outside, joyous music played and people excitedly chatted, but it was all muffled down through the thick walls of her quiet hotel room.

The only thing in her room that stood out was a beautiful Kimono that Kagaya had purchased for her. It was mainly to help her seem like an elegant woman for her disguise- but it was also a gift of gratitude for her years of service. Kagaya had watched over her like his own child, and enjoyed rewarding her with unfeigned gifts.

This Kimono was made from only the finest silk in all of Japan; it was a luxurious one, meant for practically royalty. Elegance mixed with traditional taste, it made her seem like the luckiest girl in the world. Kagaya knew what just to pick, as well. It's blushy color mixed magically with her beautiful (s/c) skin- small designs of flowered were scattered around it in a wonderous scarlet. Next to the hanging Kimono was a floral hairpiece, equally as lovely.

This hairpiece was a treasure created by Lady Tamayo, a trusted ally of the demon slayers. Within this hairpiece were hints of wisteria, perfectly laced into the clip.

She planned on wearing these blessings the next night, after all, it would be her last day there.

Some wind blew into the room through the slightly creaked window. The moonlight kissed her skin like a lost lover. She sighed, tiredly rolling onto her side. The loose, white robe she had on was sloppily done. Her cleavage peeked out as she lifted her arm over herself.

"Jakah.." She whispered, taking only an ounce of energy. As she said that, a crow perched itself on her windowsill. Jakah was her crow, and they'd been paired together ever since
(y/n) was 15, and passed the Final Selection part of her training. He was rough looking, his feathers always messy and disordered. He flew into the room and slowly approached the sleepy girl.

Jakah cawed. To anyone else it would make their ears bleed. She could actually hear some people outside loudly groan at the loud and excruciating sound- but that didn't stop her from smiling and patting his head.

"You're so cute Jakah.. You're so sweet Jakah.."

Her words like velvet every time, even his scratchy voice could sound like a perfect harmony next to hers. She tapped the booklet next to her. "Tonight marks the finale of the mission. Tell Master Kagaya that there was some susceptibility, however it is well hidden. We should send a larger squad over to investigate and take further action within time."

She leaned forward, placing her hand up to whisper closer to the intelligent crow, as if someone else were in the room with them. "Tell him I believe Kocho would be interested in this case."

The crow took the booklet in his mouth and cawed once more. A quiet but unsettling bang was heard as the booklet fell to the ground. Jakah took it once more, before getting dismissed by (y/n). He flew out the window and into the night sky. Like that, the day was complete and she was rewarded with a relaxing slumber that eased her shoulders.

For the next day, she was excited for her first day to herself since becoming a Hashira.