a sad spirit

That night, when the fireworks came to their last burst, the two hurried back to the hut Akaza had built. Despite being exhausted, (Y/n) chose to help him fix the hut for when the sun came out, so then he wouldn't have to hide in a corner for hours in a row. With the work of them both, they managed to completely seal all light out of the hut.

When they finished, they only had a few more hours before the sun rose.

(Y/n) was uneasy. This night was the last night she'd ever get to be with Akaza; if he made it out of the final battle alive. Instead of constantly denying and pushing her feelings aside, she accepted it: she was upset that their time together was coming to a close.

The pair sat in silence side by side in an awkward silence. This entire past 24 hours was mostly awkward, actually. Aside from their serious interaction, a lot of their conversations were tense, like something needed to be said, but neither of them wanted to bring it up.

"The fireworks were nice," she commented, fiddling with her hands on her lap. The demon could only quietly nod, before turning to her.

"They were nice," he said.

His eyes stared directly into her own, as if trying to compete with her in some way.

"Can I admit something."

She allowed it, turning her head up to his own. Both of his legs curled up towards his chest, as he wrapped his arms around them. "I've killed a lot of people. When I die, I'm going to go to Hell."

Both of her eyes turned away from him as he spoke. As the Spirit Hashira, she of all people knew he was correct. He would go to hell for unbearably long. Instead of getting peacefully reincarnated, like everyone else, he was going to rot in hell for a while.

It was deserved.

He killed so many people to become an Upper Moon, he hurt so many family's. The length of time was hard to even think of. She couldn't imagine what he must've been thinking.

"I'm okay with going," he mumbled, leaning back on the wall and sighing.

She bit her lip slightly, before relaxing herself. "I'll wait for you."

The quiet whisper that left her lips was only heard by him due to his enhanced features as a demon. She was surprised that he heard her, when he turned his head directly toward her own. When she made contact with his eyes again, she saw a hint of excitement. Without saying a word, he changed and dully turned his head away from her.

"Sorry," she mumbled, placing her head between her knees, which were now also rolled up to her chest. As soon as she apologized, he stopped her. "Don't say sorry. I want you to wait for me. But.."

His hand was holding on tight to her nearest shoulder, before loosening up and slightly gliding down to her arm. "You can't. You should live your life like I told you to. Then, even in hell, I'll be happy."

She sighed. "Akaza."

His arm retracted as the tone in her voice shifted. "Please don't go to the fight. Can't we just stay here?" The man shook his head. Muzan was his leader, he was Akazas first memory, and he deserved to be his last.

"Don't try and convince me when it's already my fate. I'm a Demon and you're a Human. There is nothing you can do to change that reality."

The sun was beginning to rise from outside, as the sky got slightly lighter in color. He grabbed his backpack and stood from the ground, walking towards the door. She quick chased after him as soon as his feet pressed on the grass. "Lets just go to the forest and enjoy the day together."