love is a complexion beyond our understanding

The Demon Slayers had left the broken house about an hour ago. Both Akaza and (Y/n) remained silent in the bunker for this time. The Demon was in complete shock at how amazing that boys, Tanjiro's, sense of smell was, but (Y/n) was... feeling strange.

Perhaps it was a feeling of discomfort.

She didn't know how to feel. She voluntarily hid herself from her own kind in order to side with a demon. And not just any demon; no, an upper moon. This creature that her mind instantly chose, as if it was an instinctive decision, had murdered hundreds of people.

Akaza, despite the risks, even gave her a choice to go or stay. If she went, would she have told them everything? Would she have explained the feelings she felt, and the hard decisions she had to make?

Another factor that surprised them was the fact that Tanjiro couldn't sense or smell the Upper Moon. Perhaps he believed that the Akaza had simply passed through, and all that remained was his aura. Not just that, but due to the amount of dust and dirt overtop them, his sense of smell was likely weakened. So weak, in fact, that he agreed with Shinobu on the idea that they could find her rotting corpse beneath the house. That also unsettled (Y/n).

She knew they would probably return to find her body, though. In any case that a demon slayer is found dead, they are taken to be buried with the thousands of others who passed on in battle. 

Suddenly, the hands wrapped around her body came loose like wild vines, stretching up to the hatch of the bunker. Akaza quietly lifted it up with one hand, while pressing his other lightly on her back. His gesture encouraged her to stand, as she did. When she stood, only beneath her chest was under the flooring. As she looked around the damaged house, she realized what greif could look like.

Thin slices from a blade well-known as the Insect Hashiras were slit across different parts of the wall. Up and down, on the ceiling and the floor. A chair in the kitchen had been shredded to pieces; a table was cut in half.

Planks from the floor were ripped up and the carpet was filthy. Akaza jumped to the surface, before helping (Y/n) up as well.. Once her thickly socked feet pressed against the floor, she let go of his hand. The pair stood, scanning the destruction around them. Akaza groaned, his palm rubbing against the back of his head. "At least she's gone," he mumbled, back hitting the wall beside him; he slid down and sat against the cut up wall, thoughts piling in his head.

(Y/n) just stood above, still looking at the area around her. Her friends were just here. And she chose Akaza. The Moon was out, shining through the cracks of the broken house. A cold breeze swept the house- it was winter.

Snow had already covered the roof, and more began to flow inside. The girl shivered, holding her arms together while looking around. It was only when a small flake of snow melted against her bare arm, that she realized how cold she was. Akaza stood up, walking his way over to (Y/n).

He pressed his palms against both of her shoulders.

"We need to leave this place."

She was confused with herself again. This confusion set in because right after he said that, she agreed, and followed after him to her room. Was all of this confusion even worth it? Why can't she just accept the feelings that we're taking over her very own soul?

Was it because of Rengoku?

Sanemi?

No. A part of her knew that wasn't the reason. the true reason was because she was abandoning everything. All of her hard work. All of her dedication. Gyomei saw her as a blessing.

Her spirit was something meant to be controlled by only her; now, someone else was making decisions, and her heart blindly followed each one.

She was a sinner. The world would never forgive her for falling in love. Quietly, she followed behind him.