the spirit and the wind

Just as his fingers placed themselves against her chin, a large, angry slice appeared near his elbow. The two watched in silence as his arm fell to the ground, only to regenerate seconds later. All air grew still as the demons eyes turned back to the girl.

She was gone.

Jumping back, he examined the area. As he turned to the left, he noticed a white-headed man placing her down against some rubble. The man looked concerned for her, and he was incredibly gentle. Akaza flew at him with an aggressive attack, but the man managed to defend himself from it.

Falling back, the red-heads face twisted in confusion. "Give me that woman."

The man laughed, swinging his rough sword around like a child's toy. "Shut the hell up and perish." From behind him, (Y/n) was weak but full of gratitude. Thank goodness, Sanemi had arrived just in time. Though she couldn't stand, she knew she had to help in some way. "Sanemi! Go!"

Her voice fired him up, and Sanemi, the new opponent, entered the fight with no respect for the rules. As he approached the Demon, his sword began to glow with rays of sage green and burning violet. Akaza noticed this, and attempted to protect his neck with his arms. They were brutally sliced off. The ability that buffed the Wind Hashiras blade was not his own; it was (Y/n)'s.

Fifth Form, Rings of the Dead.

If you weren't used to being on the battlefield with the Spirit Hashira, that form would probably break down your refined structure and destroy your strength due to its intensity and power. However, Sanemi is able to match perfectly with it, and it paired with his own blade because of that. As bright rings pounced around him and (Y/n), Akaza groaned. His goal was right in front of him. He had to kill this Hashira, then take the weakened one.

As he fought against Sanemi, the rings soon disappeared, and her breath came to a frightening stop. This distracted Sanemi, who flung back towards his wounded partner. (Y/n) was watching the battle, still holding her sword, but she appeared incredibly woozy and prepared to pass out from the pain. His eyes landed on her own, before noticing her crippled ankles. Specifically the glass shards in her skin were the worst; those could impair her ability to walk for a long period of time.

Biting his lip, Sanemi could only defend one-on-one for so long against the relentless Upper Moon. Akazas fist slammed against his ribs, and (Y/n) woke up from her daze at the sound of those bones cracking in her working ear.

Pain made her think about many things.

Throughout her life, she was barely able to wield a sword. She was so shockingly weak that even Kocho Shinobu had a greater chance at cutting a demons head off than her.

Consistently she got sick. Her arms and legs were never plump and luscious like Kanrojis. Her speed never added up to Kochos.

Despite that, she perservered the study of mist breathing. That was until, of course, her run in with a lower moon.

Power to that scale was nothing short of a bugs- to a hashira. But to (Y/n), a girl whose sword hadn't even awknowledged any strength within her, this fight was a death sentence.

She hardly dodged each attack, and each mistake she made showed no remorse. Her haori even fell off of her shoulders, and her hair was cut like an uneven mess. Blood was draining itself out of her like a hose, and multiple of her cuts and stabs were fatal.

With no belief she could cut its head off, she flung her entire body forwards and held the unpigmented sword high above her head. After beheading the demon, her blade transformed into a gentle white and purple. The color was something never-seen-before in the realm of the Demon Slayers. Unfortunately, she couldn't find the time to be proud of herself any longer. The demons head disappeared on the ground as she laid in the dirt.