Kansas

Previously 

"Oh, I'm sorry did I interrupt something here?" I say backing up to walk back out. "Have you been on Twitter lately, the backlash on Billie isn't looking too good," Finneas says handing me his phone.

There are tweets on Billie faking being gay, and that she's hiding a secret relationship with someone named Brandon.

"Who is Brandon"

"My ex.."

"Is he the one the song is about?" I say quietly. Billie nods yes. "Well I don't want to cross any boundaries on this topic, but you know who you are. And whatever we need to do to convince the public I am here for it". 

Billie, Finneas, and I came up with an idea that we'd up our antics. Show how much of a 'real' couple we are. Basically, be that couple that is overly affectionate with each other in the worst situations. 

Danny said that he would figure out what we can do besides like little comments during our sets. We are currently in Kansas we only stayed in Oklahoma for a day and a half. Our show today is a little earlier than usual, which I'm not mad at because that gives us a few relaxed hours before getting back on the road. 

Rehearsals went by how they usually do, except nobody was there with me besides the band. Which I'm fine with I don't care if I'm being watched or not. This new song I'm performing is more chill, Danny let me play which I'm very happy about. 

My new fans can see that I'm not only a singer but I can actually strum a tune. 

The show went by fairly quickly, they were defiantly loving my new song. We have a short meet-n-greet and q & a. And most of the questions are for Billie considering this is her tour. I usually don't sit in on these, but Danny suggests that we'd sit up on the stage and hold each other while Billie answers questions. 

I wasn't excepting anybody to ask me any questions but the one I did get threw me off. "Yes you with a purple sweater," Billie says pointing at him. "My question is for Nora actually," he says looking at me. I sit up and adjust myself, leaning forward a bit to hear him clearly. "You've performed new songs at each show this tour, I think most of us are wondering who they are about," He asks grinning. 

I hide my face into Billie who is trying to contain her laughter. "Wow great question, some of them are about vivid dreams, and others are about someone special to me," I say politely. 

"Would you say the one you sang today is about Billie," I was caught off guard by his following question that I sat there with a dumbfounded look? 

"I would like to say that it is, I mean she can't keep herself from me," Billie says with a wild smirk. She continues answering questions while I try to hide my face from the embarrassment. 

Billie can't stop laughing with Finneas about this afternoon at the q & a. "Oh god Finneas you should have seen her face, she was so embarrassed!!" Billie says laughing uncontrollably. 

I stuff my headphones back into my ears, I can't listen to her laugh and tease about this for the next 5 hours. I have been sleeping in Billie's bed for the past few weeks, which I don't mind but sometimes I wake up with her literally on top of me. 

My bunk curtains open with Finneas handing me a tablet. On it is a zoom meeting waiting for me to be let in. "Danny has to talk to you and Billie," he then walks away. I get out of my bunk and walk into Billies room as we await. 

"Hello girls, so we have a bit of a problem. The cost of this tour is adding up, and we need to find a way to bring in more revenue. So, it pains me to do this, but we are going to send a few people home. Such as people who aren't useful assets to keep us running-" Billie interrupts Danny. 

"Can you just cut to the chase, what are you trying to tell us," Billie says a little pissed. "We obviously, have to send your friends home Billie, we will be sending Claudia home as well, which I talked to Finneas about and he is all good. And lastly, I know this is going to be the biggest problem. But we will also be sending Jordan home," Danny pauses. 

"But I need Jordan here, you can't send him home Danny, he's the whole reason I even have my career," I say on the verge of tears. "Well, I understand that Nora but you guys haven't talked in weeks and he just sits in the bus eating all the food, and spending our grocery money." 

I can't believe Danny wants to send Jordan home; he's my brother I can't let Danny do this. But he's also right, Jordan hasn't been any help around here. "Listen when we need Jordan we can bring him out, but at this moment, we don't need him. Are you going to be okay?" 

"It's not like I have a choice of whether or not I do," Billie wraps her arms around my shoulders. "What are you going to tell him?" 

"We are actually going to have him go back to the offices and keep him busy, so it's not like he's out of work," Danny says as if anything he is saying is reassuring to me.

"Another thing, I need you both to do this one lunch in Nebraska," Danny says. "We don't care about doing lunches anymore Danny, you don't have to ask-" Billie mentions. "Well I know that Billie, but this lunch will be with someone else" 

Who would Danny want us to have lunch with? 

.

Word count: 934

Posted: February 20th, 2022

Hey, y'all this chapter sucked ass but I'm still gonna post it so I can finish this book. 

-cybxrf4iry

edited sep 2022