Day and Night

After last night Billie and I returned to the bus around midnight. I was a bit weird walking back into the bus, the energy was different than before.

When I told Danny this morning about last night his face light up like a night light. He said that the kiss we shared would solve everything. I had to agree with him, it did fix things with me and Billie.

These new feelings I have for her only seemed to grow when I saw her in the morning. It wasn't awkward either we both said Goodmorning and that was it. Today we were packing up our stuff from the arena and getting back on the road. We had 5 hours to pack up and move our stuff, FInneas thought this was a great time to record the melodies.

The song we wrote is called backyard boy, very sweet and mellow. Nothing too big that can't be done on the bus. It only took an hour to get enough takes he could work with; we didn't record the whole song for time's sake. Finishing on the bus is better apparently, Finneas said that he and Billie would always feel more comfortable on the bus.

I took his word for it; Danny lets us know that I have a few interviews today. The butterflies in my stomach only seemed to grow knowing that they are going to ask about yesterday. I haven't been on social media for the same reason, I don't want to see what people are saying.

🤍

Time went by quicker than I wanted it to; I sat in front of a camera crew and a very beautiful woman.

"Hello and welcome to ArtistTea we are here to interview. New rising artist Nora Thomas, how are you doing today Nora?" the lady asks.

"I'm doing amazing thank you for asking, how are you doing?" I ask to be polite. "I'm doing good thanks for asking, now let's get down to the tea," she says smiling widely at me. "I'm guessing you know what I'm going to ask already," she says.

"Oh boy do I," I say laughing. "You and Ms. Eilish? Tell me about it, you guys shared a kiss on stage last night. What was that about?" she asks.

My face starts burning up, "To be honest with you and the fans, I had no idea that's the way she wanted to tell people," I say smiling. "Tell us what exactly?" the lady asked staring into my soul.

"Well we have a thing going on is all I can say right now," I say trying to contain myself. "Have you been on social media yet?" she asks with no emotion.

"No, I have not yet, social media is very nasty with opinions that I choose not to look at right now. I'm happy with my life and I don't want it to be ruined right now because I looked at my phone," I say trying to be as nice as possible.

🤍

The interview went on to ask burning questions about me and my personal life. "You did great out there kid, next interview is with Billie," Dannys says nonchalantly. This should be better Billie will probably do most of the talking. I just hope they don't put us on the spot too much.

I walk into the next room and see Billie sitting in one of the chairs. I sit next to her not saying anything, "Hey, how was your interview? Did they ask you about yesterday?" she asks me. "Uh.. yeah it was weird. She kept grilling me about how my social media presence isn't that big," I say shrugging my shoulders.

"People can be so rude and not realize it; but are you ready for this one? I can do most of the talking if you want me to," I nod to her statement not knowing exactly how to respond.

A few minutes later another interview lady walks in, she tells us her name and the company she's with. "Tell me, Billie, what was your thought process before kissing Nora? Because she seemed completely taken back," she asks looking toward Billie.

"Well, I was sitting backstage watching her set, and I saw a couple of guys eyeing her a little too hard. And I just had to make sure people knew they weren't going to have her," Billie says looking me up and down.

"So you guys are dating?" she asks straight up. "I mean are we dating? I guess the world will have to continue wondering. Maybe we are just really good friends who kiss each other," Billie says laughing.

Throughout the interview, Billie cracks jokes about yesterday, I didn't get asked many questions which I was grateful for. I didn't know why I was so scared, I knew Billie would have my back at the end of the day.

🤍

After the interviews, Billie took me back to the bus and made us burritos. I would hate to be the one to tell her but, I don't like bean burritos as much as her. We eat making light conversation when out of nowhere she says "I'd like to kiss you again if you are okay with it?" she says looking at me dead serious.

I start to sweat nervously, "uh sure, may I ask why?" I say looking at her. "I just wanna make sure you know that I didn't hate kissing you at all," she says. I nodded not knowing what to say next.

Billie gets up from her side of the couch and sits by me very closely. She places her hand on my cheek and leans in. "Whenever you're ready," she whispers on my lips. I slowly close the small gap between our lips.

I didn't know what to think this time around, this is completely Billie and not Danny's choice. As I start to get into it more I hear Finneas come in. "Hey guys I'm live- oh shit I'm sorry," He quickly puts his phone down after I pulled away from Billie.

"Fuck Finneas, dude now that's gonna be everywhere," Billie says sitting on the other side of the couch again. "Okay but like I didn't know you guys were in here doing that, I mean didn't you guys hate each other?" Finneas says confused.

"Things change; did you end that live?" she asks before saying anything else. He nods, Billie continues going on at Finneas about how he has to be careful with how he's using his social media.

🤍

Danny found out about the live and didn't care because he was gonna ask us to do it again at the next show. But I guess this is enough gossip for the next week about us. Billie said she wants to talk about it later just the two of us.

We are on the road again this time to Cheyenne Wyoming, which is a 10-hour drive. Finneas and I decided to perfect my new song. After hours of working on it, we finally finished it. Billie was the first to listen to it, she said she loved it.

Her face didn't show it all that much; the song is called Backyard Boy its about a dream I had a couple of days ago.

🤍

We are 6 hours into our drive to Wyoming and Billie has been complaining nonstop about this contract. I thought we were finally over the whole conversation I guess things are back to normal.

"I mean Danny come on this is ridiculous like you couldn't wait for us to fall in love with other people?" Billie says. Danny is on our bus now because during our gas stop Billie had him come on. The bus driver took off not knowing he was on the bus, so now he has to listen to Billie complain like the rest of us.

"Billie how about you do what you love and go live in the lounge? Go talk to your fans, you haven't done that in a while," Billie angrily walks off into the back room.

"So how are you feeling today with this whole contract shit?" Danny says rolling his head back. "I thought Billie and I were finally good but after I played her my new song she went back to the old her," I say sighing.

I just wish she would just accept this relationship that we have.

I don't want things to continue like this.

"In 2 weeks Danny if things don't change..

I'm quitting the tour

word count: 1424

edited sept 2022