Corduroy

It's been 2 weeks since I had my talk with Danny about quitting the tour. So far Billie has been trying very hard to change my mind about leaving. 

We started to talk about what bothers each other so that things don't go back to the way it was before. Billie revealed that she was upset after listening to my new song; she thought I liked Finneas. Which made me laugh because Finneas is literally like a second brother to me. 

Today we are in Houston Texas, this is the show I've been the most excited for. It is outside and, I go on when the sun is setting so the vibes are going to be immaculate. Rehearsals have been different than normal Billie and Finneas have been watching me do them lately. 

They have been giving me tips about my performance and how I need to be more relaxed. I'm performing Backyard Boy for the first time today, Billie said I shouldn't focus on how it's the first time I'm performing a song. And more about how I'm just performing the song that people love. 

Time goes by quickly in this industry which is what I have noticed the show is now and everything Billie said has left my mind. 

🤍

"Houston, how y'all doing tonight?" I say to the crowd with a smile bigger than life. "As you guys may know I've been the most excited to perform hear, a little birdy told me that you guys have insane energy. I hope they were right this first song is Backyard Boy," I say into the mic, and the crowd goes wild. 

"5 6 7 8

Dance with me in my backyard boy

Looking super fine in your corduroy

Drive me round the block

We can go in a loop

And we'll turn the volume up on some 

Good boy band tunes" 

"Love to feel the fresh air 

I can feel your eyes stare

And I'm not gonna lie

I get a little bit scared

My heart is on wings

I'm living in dreams

And at the top of our lungs, we sing" 

I hold the microphone to the crowd for them to sing the next lines.

Da da da da da da 

Da da da da da da

"Everything is perfect 

Da da da da da da 

Da da da da da da 

All our words were worth it

Da da da da da da

Da da da da da da

Dancing around like a clown at the circus

Da da da da da da

Da da da da da da

Backyard boy, you make me nervous"

I continue with the song, dancing around the stage just loving the vibes. When I finish the song I say "Houston, you guys do not disappoint, I loved that omg, thank you so much that was amazing," I go on with the rest of my set before leaving the stage. 

Billie has 10 minutes before she goes on stage she tells me how much she loved my performance today and that I came out of my shell today. 

For the 10 minutes that we had and Billie just goofed around telling jokes. Annoying Danny and Finneas who have been telling us we need to get ready.