Space Girl

Nora's POV

It's been a few days since we announced our relationship. The internet's reaction has been mixed. The press ate it up though, there have been so many articles about it. Billie wanted to show me her new song that she and Finneas are thinking about releasing soon. She said it's called Therefore I Am, she said it's about an old friend. 

I didn't press further because it seems like a hard subject to talk about. I started writing this song girls it's about me and Billie. I don't know what it is but I started writing more songs about her. She inspires me to write these beautiful songs.

"Hey what are you writing?" Billie says plopping herself next to me. "A song dummy," I say rolling my eyes, stating the obvious. 

"Well, I know that but, what's it about?" She says staring at me. "Us, confronting my sexuality head-on," I say looking down at the lyrics. "Can I see it? Maybe I could help you out," she says with a smile.

 I hand over my journal as she scans over the lyrics carefully. After a few moments of silence, she looks up and says, "I don't know what to say, other than this is amazing so far".

I finally let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. "Thank you, Billie, I think I'm going to release it in a couple of months".

"Oh, why are you waiting so long, it's good," She says getting up and walking to the pantry. "I think it's a little too much, I mean we did kinda come out as a couple. And no one knows that I'm full-on gay"

"I think the term is lesbian, and who cares this could be the next anthem" she gets out a tortilla and a can of refried beans. "I know but I'm scared of coming out, and I've never actually given my sexuality a hard thought until this whole fiasco," I say staring down at my journal. 

"Well nobody ever has it all figured out, just know I accept you regardless of who you like," Billie says with a soft smile. 

Lately, I've been writing a lot of music on this tour. Finneas and I finished this song called Space Girl recently, and I've been begging Danny for the last 20 minutes to let me sing it next show. "Please Dannyyyy, this will be the last spontaneous song for the tour I swear!" I say wrapped around his legs, preventing him from walking away. 

"No Nora, you've played new songs 7 times already," Danny says struggling to get out of the grasp. "What if I said it's about Billie, the press would eat it up, and the fans!!" I say practically yelling. 

"Quiet down someone might hear you," Danny rubs his temples "Fine but this is the last song you perform that isn't on the ep, we need you to save songs for your album." I jump up and hug him. 

"THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOUUUUUU!!!" I kiss his cheek and then run back to billies bus. Inside is only Finneas and Billie. 

"DANNY IS GOING TO LET ME PERFORM MY NEW SONG!" I say screaming and out of breath. "That's great Nora," Finneas says nonchalantly. I look over at Billie, and I feel like I just walked in on them having a moment. 

"Oh, I'm sorry did I interrupt something here?" I say backing up to walk back out. "Have you been on Twitter lately, the backlash on Billie isn't looking too good," Finneas says handing me his phone. 

There are tweets on Billie faking being gay, and that she's hiding a secret relationship with someone named Brandon. 

"Who is Brandon" 

"My ex.."

.

Word Count: 622 

Posted: February 19th, 2022

Hey guys, I had the urge to start writing again after a year. But I already had this chapter prewritten, I just added a little extra. Don't hate me for adding Que to this story, I had to for the drama. Anyways let me know what you think, I can't wait for the next chapters to come. 

-cybxrf4iry

edited sept 2022