Copycat?

"Do you want to meet her?" Danny strongly suggested. "I don't really think that's a good idea, I mean she probably doesn't like me," I say eyeballing the floor. "Don't be rude Nor, we would love to meet her," Jordan says politely.  

Danny leads us to a conference room on the second floor of the building. "She's just right this way". My heart begins to race "Are you sure we aren't interrupting anything?" Danny looks back at me with a smile "Of course not, she is actually waiting for me, we were going to talk about her tour in a couple of months". I hope it's not the same tour mentioned in the contract. Danny pushes open the door and I hear someone saying that Danny has arrived. "Finally dude what took you so long" I hear her voice. 

I entered the room with Jordan behind me all eyes were on us now, and I was beginning to sweat under pressure. "That's why I'm late. I was signing Nora and her brother, so I thought why not have you guys meet?" Danny says with an evil smile. Billie scowls and says "Copycat much?" I don't answer because I wasn't trying to copy her in any way. I start to tremble a bit as she continues to stare at me probably waiting for me to answer. "Billie, don't be so rude, she isn't trying to copy you." I'm guessing her brother says. 

"Well we met it's time for you to leave, we have to discuss my tour," Billie says with ice-cold words. "About that.." Danny starts "you guys will actually be touring together". Right then and there Billie walks up to Danny. "Thank you for asking but I don't want her on my tour" Billie shoots her icy eyes in my direction. Hurt could not begin to compare what I felt; I didn't want to show it so I simply said "I can go on tour with someone else Danny." Danny shakes his head, "I'm not asking, I'm telling you and no you are touring with Billie when your EP is done. You are her only opening act".

Billie has a shocked look on her face; all I could feel was numbness. "Good, now I want you guys to be civil now, there's no reason for you to hate each other. You guys don't have to be friends right now. Just simply co-workers, alright?" Danny says looking between me and Billie. A simple nod was all I could manage at that moment. 

"Co-workers," she laughs "oh, and for the record, just so we are clear this is all we'll ever be. I rather have nothing to do with a nobody like you and your brother" Billie gets up to walk out grabbing her phone and keys off the table. My blood starts to boil because she hasn't even looked at or spoken to my brother since we walked in. There's no reason for her to disrespect him like that "You can disrespect me, and call me names all you want sweetheart. But I will not tolerate you talking to my family like that. For someone who claims to be a good person, you are such a bitch, your fans should know the truth about the way you treat people." I say yelling. "Thank you, Danny, I will be in contact with you tomorrow. Jordan and I will be leaving now, see you on tour bitch" I say with a spiteful grin grabbing Jordan's hand as I walk out of the conference room. 

🤍

That was the last time I saw Billie. We have been putting everything into finishing this EP. Finneas and Danny reached out to me later that day apologizing for her actions. Which I thanked them for but politely told them that I'd rather hear it from her. Jordan and Finneas have actually become really good friends. It's just so weird to me. Today is the day I choose my EP cover. I decided on something that speaks to the album. Our cousin sent a photo a few weeks ago that really stood out for me. After all, this is supposed to be a lonely person's anthem. 

🤍 (album cover at the top)

Today is the release of the EP Jordan, and I have been doing interviews all morning. Everyone thought it was weird that I was releasing it during the middle of the day. But it just made sense to me, and my vision of how I want this EP to be looked at. And now that I've become an actual music artist, I can't express the overwhelming feeling. 

I was sitting in the conference room waiting for a sign to go through with my post. I was drowning in my own thoughts when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turn to see Jordan with a big smile spread across his face. He gives me a little nod. So I pick up my phone and push the share button; everyone is seeing the cover and is going to hear my new music for the first time. "Jordan what if this backfires? What are we going to do, go back to Michigan?" I was shaking so much. 

"Don't worry this EP is amazing okay, we put our hearts and souls into it. They are going to love it" Jordan smiles at me reaching his hand out for me to hold. I reach with my sweaty palms grabbing his hand. Danny's assistant walks in telling me and Jordan that I need to go to his office. I simply nod letting go of Jordan's hand and walking to the office. 

I knock on the door twice before I hear a come in. The one person I rather not see right now, Billie Eilish as she lives and breathes. She looks up at me and rolls her eyes. "I'm out," Billie announces getting up out of the chair. "No sit-down, you too Nora," Danny vocalizes in a demanding tone. I sit in the chair next to Billie not wanting to upset him. I wonder why I was called into whatever this was. 

"You two need to get over yourselves. Billie, Nora is not trying to be you, her music is different than yours. And Nora Billie's actually a really nice person, just stubborn. You both have the wrong impressions of each other. And that ends today because I have this new contract for both of you. The contract is that the two of you date for the entire tour or no tour at all." Danny smirks. 

My heart starts beating, I'm breathing deeply not knowing what I should do. Billie was just staring at Danny the whole time, with no big outburst or reaction. "I'm sorry to both of you, but I can't do that. I don't even want to go on tour, so, no" I go to stand up when I feel a hand on my leg. I look to see that it's Billies, I look into her eyes they aren't as mean as before. "Please," is all she says, I can't be selfish. I sit back down looking at Billie and then Danny and then the contract. 

"Where do we sign?" 

*  Word count: 1196

Posted: May 22, 2020

Ahh, this is my second chapter. I hope you guys like it; this story is going to have a lot of dialogue so be prepared. 

update sept 2022: still editing this chapter. but I can't save without publishing changes. so rip your notifications. 

-shawnleftmeattarget