Lunch with Him

"No way Danny, absolutely not" Billie stands up grabs the tablet walking towards the kitchen. "It's just so that we can get a photo opp, with the three of your guys together," 

"I'm not meeting with my ex, with my fake girlfriend so that you can get your publicity," Billie says angrily. 

It was an odd request of Danny. I don't know much about Brandon but, he's obviously done something to make Billie react this way. 

For another 20 minutes, Billie argued with Danny, resulting in him not changing his mind. 

-

We've done 3 more shows in between the last time we spoke about the lunch. Claudia, Jordan, and Billies friends left the tour. We arrived now in Nebraska. Today is the day we meet up, Billie has been irritated all day, slamming doors, and kicking things around. It's quite scary, I've been avoiding being around her when she's like this. I don't know how to control her when she's like this. 

"I just think it's bullshit I have to do this," Billie picks at her pants. We are on our way to the cafe. "I'm here for you Billie, I can do all the talking if you want," I smile at her. 

"No it's okay, we are just going to exchange pleasantries and eat lunch, try not to order anything big. I want to be in and out of there," she's calmer than she was before we left. 

I grab her hand and give it a kiss, and lay my head on her shoulder. 

-

We walk into the cafe holding hands, I told Billie in the car if she wanted to leave to squeeze my hand and I'd make up an excuse to go. 

We go to the nearest empty booth, waiting. Billies leg starts bouncing up and down, causing me to put my hand on her thigh. I look into her eyes "You are okay, I'm here with you." Trying to reassure Billie. "I appreciate you so much Nora," she leans in going to kiss me. When we hear someone clear their throat. 

I pull away from her and look up to see, the person I assume is Brandom. "I'm Que, you must be Nora," he puts his hand out for me to shake. I smile shaking his hand, "Pleasure it must be for you to meet me," I grin. Billie laughs. 

He sits down across from us awkwardly. "So how long have you guys been together," he clears his throat again. Before I could answer a waitress comes to our table taking our drink orders. 

"A water is fine for me, what about you love," Billie asks me. "A water is good as well." The waitress leaves and comes back with three glasses of water. 

"To answer your question, we've been together for about a month and a half," Billie answers him. "How are you doing, by the way, I've missed you," he smirks at Billie. Ignoring the fact that I'm there. 

"I'm perfect Brandon, I have a girl who loves me, and treats me right. And the tour is fantastic," Billie states confidently. 

"Please Billie, you and I both know, you suck at relationships. Did Danny put you up to this," Brandon looks at her. 

How did he guess? 

Did they have something similar going on?

Billie laughs, "You see Brandon, I don't suck at relationships. You were just a terrible person to be with," I choke on my water. Billie pats my back asking if I'm okay. I nod getting up, leaving to go to the restroom. 

I'm drying off my shirt in the restroom, my thoughts leading me astray. 

What could they be talking about right now? 

Billie's POV 

After Nora left for the restroom, Brandon gets up and slides in next to me. "Billie, I know you miss us. Let's ditch her, and we can go back to my place," Brandon grabs onto my chin, forcing me to look at him. 

"Get your disgusting hands off of me Brandon," I push him off of the booth. Him landing on the floor. A few look at us, and I wave them off. He stands up and grabs my arm beginning to hurt me. 

"Let go of me, nimrod!" I try tugging my arm away from him, but he doesn't release me. His grip gets tighter and tighter. "Listen here, don't you ever embarrass me like that again, you know what happens when you piss me off," he stares into my face. 

Before I could plead for my arm back, Nora comes out of the bathroom. 

Nora's POV

I see Brandon gripping Billies arm hard. "GET THE FUCK OFF OF MY GIRLFRIEND," I yell grabbing one of the serving trays hitting him in the head with it. Which causes him to fall backward releasing his hand from Billie. 

I kick him hard in the side before grabbing Billie's hand "Stay the fuck away from her, or so help me God," we leave the cafe. 

-

"Danny why the hell would you make us do that?" I yell at him. "Chill out, it couldn't have been that bad." he rolls his eyes at me. 

I show him a picture of Billie's arm before we bandaged it. "Oh shit, what happen," he says now concerned. 

"HE PUT HIS FUCKING HANDS ON HER!! THAT'S WHAT FUCKING HAPPENED!" I yell at him more. "Where were you when it happened," he looks at me. 

Is he trying to put the blame on me? 

"Are you trying to blame me for this? I was in the restroom, drying my shirt off. Not knowing this dude has a history of grooming, mental, and physical abuse," I say getting angrier. 

"I didn't think he'd try anything while you were there," Danny scared to be yelled at by me again. I don't even know what to say to him anymore. I grab his beer from the table and throw it at him. Drenching him with the alcoholic beverage, before smashing the bottle to the floor. 

"If you ever set some bullshit like this again, I will make you regret it until your last day," I slam the door going back to my and Billies dressing room. 

-

I cut my set short, not feeling up to performing today after everything that happened. Billie cried during her set a few times. I know today wasn't the best for her. So while she was finishing her set. I booked us a hotel room for the night so that we could spend some time alone. 

I packed us a bag, and a few other things before going back inside the arena.

-

word count: 1100 

posted sept 12 2022

hey guys its been a while since I updated. i graduated highschool, and now i'm starting culinary school. so i have more time to give you guys updates. if you haven't already noticed, i changed the character names from Kimberely to Nora, and Oliver to Jordan. I made them people of color as well. 

-cybxrf4iry