𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟬𝟬𝟰

TW: GUN VIOLENCE

"𝗜 𝗱𝗼𝗻'𝘁 𝘀𝗲𝗲 𝗺𝘆𝘀𝗲𝗹𝗳 𝗯𝗲𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘀𝗽𝗲𝗰𝗶𝗮𝗹; 𝗜 𝗷𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝘀𝗲𝗲 𝗺𝘆𝘀𝗲𝗹𝗳 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝗿𝗲𝘀𝗽𝗼𝗻𝘀𝗶𝗯𝗶𝗹𝗶𝘁𝗶𝗲𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗻𝗲𝘅𝘁 𝗺𝗮𝗻. 𝗣𝗲𝗼𝗽𝗹𝗲 𝗹𝗼𝗼𝗸 𝘁𝗼 𝗺𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝗱𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴𝘀 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗺, 𝘁𝗼 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝗮𝗻𝘀𝘄𝗲𝗿𝘀." - 𝟮𝗣𝗮𝗰

Nobody ever saw Jalen Marcus goof around maybe because he was forced to grow up, he was always looking out for his siblings but nobody ever looked out for him. Until seventh grade, Jalen was always alone, battling his battles alone that was until he met Saint. But even then, some things he handled alone without Saint's help.

"Jalen can you help get your little sister ready for her doctors appointment?" Jalen's mom asked. "Why can't dad do it? I'm running late as it is." Jalen talked back, everyone in the house came before him nobody ever decided to give him a break.

"What you running late for? School already ended, It's summer break I thought you were staying inside the whole summer." His mom responded, making him sigh. "Not this summer, I'll help around the house later," He replied to his last statement. "Don't go fucking up in those streets Jalen!" His mom scolded.

Jalen's mom wasn't really big on Jalen being friends with Cain or Saint to her, they were gonna turn her 'little' boy into some druggie.

"I'm not a little kid anymore, you can't always keep me from things," Jalen said. He was tired of being treated like a nanny or a kid, everything he wore wasn't approved by his parents, everything he did out in the world his parents hated. He just wanted to finally be free.

"Yeah I tried letting you grow up the last time and how did that turn out? You haven't been the same since Jalen!" His mom argued back. He sighed at his memories hitting him like a brick.

𝐹𝑙𝑎𝑠𝘩𝑏𝑎𝑐𝑘

"Don't worry little bro mom won't find out you got an F on your test I swear." Jalen's older brother Shawn said as they were walking home from school. "Why is fifth grade so hard though?" Jalen asked as his brother started to laugh. "Oh trust me if you think elementary is hard wait till you get to high school." Shawn was saying, as they continued walking.

A black car rolled up in front of them Jalen had no idea who it was but he at that age thought the person in the black car lived at the house they were about to walk by.

Shawn automatically stopped walking, he had owed some guys money from months ago, he was dodging them ever since. "Jalen when I say run, I want you to take off running okay?" Shawn told Jalen, trying to stay calm so he wouldn't freak out his little brother. "What why?" Jalen asked as he started to freak out. "Don't worry about it just do as I say alright?" Shawn told him as Jalen nodded his head.

The four guys had gotten out of the car, Shawn saw the gun print and tried to remain calm. "What do we got here? Is it the famous Shawn Marcus coming out of the shadows after months of hiding?" the tall Mexican dude asked. "Who is that?" Jalen asked Shawn. "Omar come on dude I have my little brother with me, I'll have your money by tomorrow." Shawn pleaded this was the last thing Jalen needed to see.

"You said that months ago remember? Or are you going to lie like the other several times?" Omar asked, he didn't care about the kid who was scared he just wanted his money.

Shawn was about to say something right when Omar pulled his gun out, "I want my money, Shawn." He told Shawn, pointing the gun at him. "I only have fifty dollars on me, and that's to buy my brother something nice for his birthday. Bro, I swear I'll have the money by Friday." Shawn pleaded, he knew he wasn't going to but he could only hope that Omar would believe him.

"Run Jalen," Shawn told Jalan in a panicked voice when he saw Omar put his finger on the trigger. Jalen was about to take off running but was caught by one of the boys, making Jalen get worried. "LET HIM GO!" Shawn shouted, he looked at his brother who had tears pouring down his eyes.

Before Shawn could move Omar pulled the trigger, shooting Shawn twice right in front of Jalen. "NO!" Jalen cried out as the dude let him go, Jalen ran to Shawn to make sure he was still breathing. The group of dudes left, leaving Shawns blood dripping on Jalen.

Shawn had died in Jalen's arms.

𝐸𝑛𝑑 𝑜𝑓 𝑓𝑙𝑎𝑠𝘩𝑏𝑎𝑐𝑘

Every single time Jalen remembered that day he would blame himself, he wanted to walk home that day from school, he wanted to bond with his older brother. Shawn wouldn't have died that day if it wasn't for Jalen he believes.

Jalen left the house upset he took off with Saint whenever he came to get him. He needed to forget that moment and how do you forget something? With beer and the only place that had a beer was the bonfire they were going to later that day.