It's a hard life

The magical seventies in magical London. This city has crept under your skin and entered your blood, and how could it not, when it's ... ridiculously cool. Here you have found your corner under the sun, you have a job that fulfills you, the love of your life (or so it seems to you) and many dear friends. Everything was so perfect, until recently. But betrayal knocked on the door. You blame yourself exclusively, yes yourself, because you didn't want to see signs of betrayal and deception. And you didn't believe it would hurt you so much. Your little suburban apartment, your oasis, your love nest, was the scene of a conflict the other day. A longtime boyfriend finally admitted that he was cheating on you. Oh, and that has been going on for some time, he fell in love too, so you only have one option left, to kick him out. He hastily stuffed the backpack and left without a word, and the rest of the things will be taken to him by your best friend. It's better like that, you're in a belligerent mood right now.

"Could I really be so stupid and blind? For so long? I wasted years on that... jackass! Ugh! I...I can't believe he played me..." you muttered as nervously wandered around the house.

"Darling it's me, don't shoot me with something" Freddie cautiously entered.

"You're safe" you said dejectedly.

"Is the coast clear? The fool is gone? I can't watch him anymore, I hate liars! And adulterers!" he yelled angrily.

"Yeah, he's gone. I didn't want to listen to you, I defended him and now..." you sighed deeply.

"What? Don't tell me you're suffering!? Darling, that word doesn't exist in your vocabulary! He's not worth you. Sarah, pull yourself together! Raise your head, move on!" Freddie approach and hugged you.

"It's going to take me a while to recover. You know me, you know how emotional I am, I can't just forget him, even he turns out to be unfair to me and our relationship. He was my great love, my meaning ... and now I want him torn apart by wolves!" you hissed through clenched teeth.

"Hahaha, darling! Well, that can be arranged! Okay, I understand, you're going to need time, but I don't want to see you cry, that's enough. You lost your smile, it's time for that wide smile to come back. Did we make a deal?"

"Oh Fred ... we made a deal. I promise I'll be the old one again."

"I'm going to take the infidel's things now. Lord, give me strength...Wish me luck!"

"Good luck! What would I do without you ..."

You two have known each other for a long time, back in India. You met Freddie by chance, he immediately enchanted you and your friendship began to develop, but you missed him a lot when you returned to England and there was no greater happiness when he also moved here. He is really your biggest support, you love him to death and you would do everything for him, as he would do for you, you are sure of that.

"Knock knock, I'm back! Listen, I barely restrained myself from hitting him. You know I was a good boxer!"

"I wouldn't mind. He deserved it. Why didn't you?" you said smirking.

"It's a good thing I didn't, let him go, just so my eyes don't see him again!" Freddie yelled while waving his hand.

"Did he say something or did the handover take place in silence?"

"He said he was sorry and hoped you would be fine. That's bullshit! I turned around and left. I didn't deign to say anything to him."

"Screw him! Tell me, what's Mary doing, is she okay?"

"Yeah, she works a lot, she took double shifts at Biba so we can pay the rent, I feel crap about it, I'm chasing a music career, there's nothing to start from scratch, and she feeds us. I hope I'll be able to provide for us soon a more decent life" he said.