Don't be

Men brought us to another room and let me in. As the boys started walking in, he stopped them. "You guys have a separate room."

"What? No, we aren't leaving Millie." Thomas said.

"Sir, can't we all stay in here? There are more than enough bunks." I said, placing my hand on his upper arm. He looked at me with a stern face. "Please? So the boys don't go crazy and bother you even more about it. I can promise you they will make a big fuss." He shook his head.

"I'm not sure."

"Sir, trust me, they won't be your biggest problem, I will. And you don't want to get on my bad side today. Someone already made that mistake."

"Wait. Are you the one that beat that kid up in the hall outside the cafeteria?"

"What kid?"

"He wouldn't talk about who did it. I thought it was because he was scared of them, but maybe it's because he was embarrassed that a girl beat him up."

"Sir, I'm sure I don't know what you're talking about," I said with a slightly innocent smile.

"Yeah, erm, they can stay." The boys laughed and walked in.

"Ooh, I got the top bunk," Fry said. Minho ran behind Fry and jumped up on the bunk he climbed. 

"Too slow," Minho said before Fry got even halfway up the ladder. Fry climbed back down and laid under Minho's bunk.

"I could get used to this," Winston said as he laid down on one of the bottom bunks.

"Yeah, it's not bad," Newt said, looking around. 

"Don't get used to it," I said moments before the door locked.

"What do you think those guys want with Teresa?" Thomas asked Newt and me.

"Now, if there's one thing I know about that girl, she can take care of herself. Don't worry about it." Newt said, starting to climb up to a top bunk.

"Thomas, he's right, partially. She can take care of herself. But I'm worried too." "Somethings up with this place." We said at the same time. I patted Thomas' shoulder and laid in the bunk under Newts. 

I woke up after hearing something. I looked around, but everyone was in bed that I could see. I tried to get back to sleep but had an odd feeling. I sighed and got out of bed. "Newt?" I whispered as I started climbing the ladder. "Newt, can I sleep up here?" He didn't answer. I looked at him and realized he was sleeping, even snoring slightly. I climbed up anyway and sat at the foot of the bunk. 

I just stayed there for a couple of minutes, watching him peacefully sleep. There was no way we had been sleeping for long because I was just as tired as I was when I initially fell asleep. I crawled up to where Newt's head was. "Newt?" I said softly one more time. When he didn't answer, I started crawling back to the foot of the bed.

"Millie? Love, is that you?"

"Yeah."

"What are you doing?"

"Nothing, go back to sleep. I'm leaving now. Sorry, I woke you." 

"No, what's wrong?"

"I can't sleep, I was hoping you would be awake when I called you the first time, but you didn't answer." I sighed. "I wanted to know If I could sleep up here. But it's okay. I'll fall asleep eventually." Or I won't, but I'm not going to guilt-trip him.

"Of course, you can sleep up here, love." He said, pulling the blanket back welcoming me in. I smiled and laid down beside him. Newt thew the blanket over me and brushed a hair out of my face. "You're so tough until you're alone with me." "And the other guys." He added after a second. I shook my head and smiled.