Winston

We walked for what seemed like days, but we hadn't been walking for more than a couple of hours, in all honesty. We eventually sat down in a shelter of sorts. Winston was worsening, and so was I. I was on the verge of needing to be carried again, but I didn't show it. I kept by Newt's side and walked as much as possible.

I watched as Frypan poured sand out of his boots. You could make a relatively large sandcastle out of it. I sighed and took the water Newt offered me. Only taking a small sip made me want more, but I resisted. 'Hey guys, how long do you think it will take to get to the mountains?'

'Days, if not weeks.' Frypan suggested.

'Why? You have a faster way to get there?' Newt asked.

'No, I just wanted to know-know how long we had left, is all.'

"Are you alright, Millie?" Fry asked, moving all eyes on me. I was leaning on Newt's shoulder, eyes closed, trying with all my energy to stay awake. 

"Yeah, just tired." More like tired of the pain, but close enough.

"Are you sure? Millie, you don't look too good. We can make something to carry you too."

"No, there is no point in doing that. I'm just fine. I just need some rest. That's all."

'I'll carry you to the ends of the earth, and you know that. You just need to talk to me, to us. You need to be honest, Love.'

'Fine. I don't think I'll be able to walk much further. I think you should leave me here. I can't be slowing you guys down and be the reason you can't get to the Right Arm. I'm the reason you aren't further than this.'

'We both are.' Winston chimed in.

'Wait, how...?'

'You kind of just have an open channel going. I don't think I can talk, so I'm happy to know that you figured out a way to communicate without talking.'

'I'm happy to have you as someone I can trust with this Win.' I said, looking over at his lifeless body. 'I think you should leave us both here. We are of no use, and if it means all of you are surviving, then I'm willing to die.'

'No, Millie. You are not going to sit here and die. I won't allow it. Getting you to that haven is the best way to save you, even if I have to carry you by myself the whole way there, and it takes us an extra day or two. I don't care because I need you, Millie, I can't live without you. Please don't do this to me. Please.'

"Newt,"

"Millie, please."

"Listen to him, Millie, please listen for once in your life. We need you. All of us. You know that better than anyone."

"We are dying. Both of us. Me and Winston. We need to stop. Please, let us stop, let us go."

'She's right. We're dying, and she is in worse condition than me. My body has been immobilized, but that doesn't mean I'm in more pain than her.'

"Millie, tell me he's wrong. Tell me, what he is going through is worse than what you're going through. Please." 

"I don't want to lie to you, Newt, but if it's what you want to hear, he's in worse condition than me. Happy?" 

"I wish I could say yes."

"Newt?"

"Yes, Millie."

"Kiss me."

"But what about...?"

"Screw her; I'm dying, and I want my boyfriend to kiss me. So, please, do me this one last thing, Newtie. Please."