Food Fight

Newt, Chuck, and I were the first ones off the helicopter. We looked at the building as everyone else got off. I could vaguely hear Minho yelling at Thomas, telling him to wake up. "Cranks, we've got Cranks!" A man yelled. The ones that weren't shooting rushed us inside. 

"Set a perimeter! Hold them back on the right side!"

"Get those kids inside!"

"Come on, kids, let's go!" Men yelled as we raced to the doors—bright lights shining in our faces. I looked back to make sure Thomas was behind us, but he wasn't that close. There was so much happening it was hard to focus on just one thing. As we got into the building, I looked back to see Thomas getting in seconds before the doors closed. I also caught a glimpse of the people who rescued us, shooting at something.

No one talked to us as a man ushered us into a room. "Hey, what's going on out there?"

"Nothing we can't handle."

"Hey, hey, hey. Let us out." Thomas yelled as he hit the door. I stopped paying attention to him as the lights came on and a table full of food showed itself—everyone stared at it in awe. "Dibs on the rice!" Frypan said as he ran to the table. Everyone followed. I grabbed a plate and put as much food on it as possible. But when I went to grab the rice, things went wrong.

"What do you think you're doing?"

"Fry, it's not just your rice."

"Well, I dibs it didn't I?"

"Well, yeah, but,"

"But nothing. It's my rice."

"This is way better than Fry's slop." One of the guys said, not paying attention to our argument.

"I agree," I said, managing to grab a handful of rice. I smiled at Frypan and winked, then I threw the rice in his face.

"You did not just waste perfect rice."

"What are you gonna do about it?" Frypan didn't want a second before grabbing peas and throwing them at me.

"Food fight!" Chuck yelled. Everyone started throwing something, and I knew immediately that I did not want to be a part of it. I grabbed a piece of chicken and watched as the mayhem I created started to unfold. 

I took a few steps back and ran into something or someone. My eyes widened as I turned around. Newt was standing behind me with a handful of mashed potatoes. "Hey, Newt. Whatcha doin?"

"Oh nothing, just thought you might like a taste of your own medicine."

"No, I'm okay, thanks. I-I think Fry loves potatoes, though."

"Really? I think you'll love them more." He said as he smushed them on my head. 

"You know what, that was very kind of you. I think you gave me a little too many, though. How about I give some back to you?" I took a scoop of potatoes off my head.

"No, it's okay. I already had some."

"Oh, Newt, I insist." I rubbed the potatoes down his face. I even got a little in his eyes.

"You're done for, love."

"Only if you can catch me." I limped towards the table and picked up the corn. "You know, corn goes great with mashed potatoes."

"Oh?" He said, grabbing something off the table. "So does gravy."

I gasped. "You wouldn't dare!" 

"Oh, but I would." I grabbed handfuls of corn and threw them at Newt as he got closer to me. I managed to stay away from him for a few minutes, but someone else wanted revenge. Someone grabbed my arms and kept me still as Newt came closer.