I do

I told Newt everything, as much as I could, at least. I told him about my visit with Janson and assured him that I only kissed Thomas because I had to. And even though I was thinking it, I think he heard the worry in my voice when I told him about Teresa.

"We are almost out!" I heard one of the boys say. I heard metal clang and saw the light at the end of the vent I had just turned into. 

"Come on, come on, come on. Okay, we gotta go."

"You guys go ahead. There's something I gotta do." Aris said, about to go back into the vent.

"What are you talking about?" Thomas said. 

"Trust me, it's important. You guys wanna get out of here, right? Just go."

"I'll go with him," Winston said as Aris got into the vent. 

"Okay, Winston, go! Go! Come on."

"You sure we can trust this kid?" Minho said.

"Yeah, especially after he gave Millie that bloody nose." Newt backed up Minho.

"Guys, I'm fine. It was a misunderstanding, trust me." 'Trust me.'

"You don't wanna know where we'd be without him." Where we might still end up, I can't let him die without telling him. I need him to know, just in case.

'Stop.'

"What?" Newt said, turning around looking at me.

'Stop.'

"What's going on back there?" Minho said as he realized we weren't walking anymore. 

'Newt, there is something you need to know. Something I need to tell you.'

"What, what do." 'What do you need to tell me that needs us to be still?' I walked up to Newt and sighed. 

'I can't have anything happen to you.'

Newt stopped mind talking. "Nothing is going to happen to me, Millie. We will be fine." 

"No, you don't know that. But-"

"Millie," 

"I need you to listen," I said, taking his hands in mine. 

"I'm all ears."

"As you already know, a lot is happening, and we don't have much time to get out of here." 'Thomas is bound to go after Teresa before we leave. He's not going to leave her.'

"What are you getting at?"

"I'm not going to get away with doing anything remotely like this when we do" 'find her.' "So, now is my only opportunity."

"Opportunity for what?" I moved my hands from his hands to his chest. I put my hand on his cheek and smiled. 

"I do," I said, answering his question from last night. Without hesitation, I got on my tippy toes and leaned in. Newt was almost shocked, but that didn't stop him from pulling me into him. God, am I happy I washed my face before leaving the bunk. Our lips collided, and so much emotion was released into the passionate kiss. It wasn't like the kiss I had with Thomas earlier that day. It was so much more special. 

"It's about time," Fry said. "But-" I pulled away from Newt and smiled.

"Shut up, Fry. I know, we need to go." I said without looking away from Newt. 'I thought you should know, I did, and very much so still do want to kiss you.' I smiled. Newt smiled back, and I grabbed his hand. When I saw all the boys looking at us, I looked down, unable to help the blush that rose into my cheeks. I walked in front of them, Newt's hand still in mine as we turned the corner.