Chapter 8: Airport Carpool

"In florida, there have been three abductions in this past week. All of our Unsub's victims have been women in their early twenties on their way to college campus, all using public transit as a mode of transportation. This Unsub has a obvious type; blonde, thin, and around five feet tall." Penelope rambles, clicking through the presentation slides.

    Emily walked toward the computer screen that was displaying Penelope from the jet, and sat on the arm of the chair beside you. "There were no bodies found matching the women's description, so it means that he probably still has them and is keeping them for something."

    "Or that we haven't found where the Unsub dumped the bodies." Luke chimed in.

    Emily flashed him a troubling look and then back down at the screen. "So we fight like hell to find these women alive."

     The room went silent, everyone at a halt. At once, you gathered your papers and rose from your seat as the rest of the team followed suit.

     "Wheels up in thirty," she stated.

-

     As you trotted through the glass doors and into the elevator, you found yourself in with JJ. You smirked and nodded, almost as if you were still strangers and this morning never happened.

     You glanced down at your phone and saw another text message to your family group chat. Rolling your eyes, you tapped on it and read the message. Your parents had messaged you and your daughter, calling for a family meeting. You let out an audible sigh and clicked the off button on the side of your cell phone, sliding it back into your pocket.

     "Dani?" She asked eyeing you.

     "Something like that," you answered nonchalantly.

     "It must be really hectic for her, huh? It's what, finals season? I remember the days." JJ replied, trying to make some conversation.

     "I can't wait until she can come home. God, I miss my Danielle."

     "What year did you say she was in again?"

     You smiled, pride filing your being. "Third. Early acceptance, you know those ambitious ones."

     She returned the grin and the two of you just stared at each other. Talking about your daughter made you so much more proud. It's like it was something of an achievement for you to have given birth to such a genius.

     The two of you walked to the car garage and to your cars, ready to take off for the airport. You waved at her and headed the opposite direction of her to where your car was parked. But as soon as you turned your back, you no longer heard her heels clicking against the concrete floor.

     "Bec," she called.

     You turned to her with your keys in hand. "See you at the airport?"

     She glanced around her almost sarcastically. "We ride together, whoever leaves at the same time."

     You stared at her silently. "Yea?"

     "To save gas, less cars will be parked there, the lost goes on." She replied with a slight chuckle. "Come on, don't be silly."

     As she waver her hand, motioning you to come with her, you followed the order. "Thanks."