| KNOWING |

Maddie POV

I was so glad that Megan was back. When Lyla told me she had stumbled back after a few seconds when they had been feeling a lot of emotions, I knew she had Empathy. Meg had been showing signs of it from the moment she told us about the kidnapping. The tired eyes, headaches, etc. Megan just didn't know that I realized it. 

"So, what did you want to talk about?" She asked once we reached my room. A few people had seen her and had similar reactions to me, but Lyla, Ethan, and Jay were gone to pick up our supper so they don't know yet. 

"Well... Lyla told me about your reaction to their emotions and... um- okay I'm just gonna say it," I paused dramatically, "Do you have Empathy?"

I explained to her how I knew, and she told me about all of her abilities. I was so shocked I could see her wince at the emotions.

Right then, I heard the door open and the rest of the group walked in. 

******Time skip bc I'm really lazy lol********

When everyone had gotten Megan's story out of her, we all sat at the table and began to eat the sushi that Lyla had picked out. 

"Meg," Megan looked up at Tom, "What did Mads need to talk to you about?" 

Megan was really bad at lying to Tom, so I stepped in, "Just wanted to tell her about mine and Jay's first date, I promised her that she could do my makeup and she didn't get to." 

Megan shot me a thankful smile and went along with my lie, "Yeah, I was going to straighten it and put a fishtail braid half-up half-down thing."

The girls and I started talking about makeup and things while the boys glared at Tom for asking.