| EXPLANATIONS |

Yesterday was amazing

Yesterday was amazing. My friends surprised me with mani-pedis and a shopping trip to help me forget about the date. 

Even though my mind was distracted yesterday, I knew I had to face my fears and call Logan. 

"Hey Har?" She peeked her head in mine and Tom's room. Tom was out with the guys getting groceries, so I had time to make a plan. "Would you be able to distract Tom for me this weekend? I'm going to call Logan and see if we can meet up on Saturday to talk."

"Yeah sure!" She agreed, "Your birthday is the 7th right? A week from tomorrow?" I nodded, "I have the perfect thing."

________________________________

- TIME SKIP - (Saturday)

It was the day that I would meet someone who knew my parents

Logan Prior. 

I started the day as I usually would, getting a shower and doing my makeup. Tom thought it was a normal day, only I would be running some 'errands' this morning. 

I skipped out on breakfast with my friends, seeing as I would be eating with Logan, and walked over to the cafe where I would be meeting him. 

Logan was already sat down at a table, waiting for me. 

********************

"Sooooo..." I wondered out loud, "How did you know my parents?"

"Well," He began, "When I was 16, your age, someone came up to me saying that I had to come with him. You know how you have powers and stuff?" I nodded, "The same man that gave them to you, gave them to me when I was three. He takes children and experiments on them, but only one kid passed the testing successfully. You. When that man told me that children would be in danger, and put through the same thing as me, I jumped in to help. We started to predict who the victims would be, and one of them was you. I was 30 when I found out about you, but your mom had only been pregnant for a few months at the time. I went to your parents and told them what I knew, and we became friends. Did you know that your parents were almost 31 we they had you? They wanted to protect you so badly, but they didn't understand our world," He took both my hands in his before continuing, "Megan, your parents wanted to have you grow up with people from your own kind. People who are experimented on don't only get their powers from the tests, they just activate faster. Your powers were the only ones activated at 3 years old, the rest of us got them at 16 because the tests didn't work on us. But they're out to find you, they need you. So the only place you'll be safe... is the Everglade."